Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-07-2007, 12:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

How good are Kawasaki handhelds?

I need a backpack blower, string trimmer, and stick edger.

Are they comparable to Stihl or Echo? Expense of parts? Reliability/durability compared to Stihl and Echo?

They seem cheap in price - just wondering if they were cheap in quality. Thanks.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I like kaw. Good engines on handhelds. If you get kaw trimmer, get KGT27a (steel shaft and better engine). KGT27a power to wieght ratio is amazing. 1.5 hp and only weights 10.2 lbs. I have biggest blower, cut my blow time down considerbly. Edger good too. If monster overgrown, might need wb edger. Kaw engines the best. I want to buy a couple more KGT27a and put them in storage befoe EPA f's up 2 stroke for good. Good luck.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
I have a kawasaki trimmer model KTR27A and a kawasaki backpack blower and kawasaki stick edger. The same day I ordered all my equipment from SLE, I also had ordered a little dirtbike online for my cousin and the salesman was telling me all about how good the little 4 stroke engine was on that dirtbike and how I didn't have to mix oil and gas. well for some reason after I drove to South Haven, MS to pick up my new lawn equipment, I had it in my mind that the trimmer, blower and edger were all 4 stroke, so I mistakenly never added oil to them and ran tem for almost a week before I noticed the gas cap said mix 2 cycle. well I think most 2 cycle engines would have burnt up within 1 hour without oil mixed in but these kawasaki's ran for 6 days and I was cutting some high weeds and they never showed a sign of breaking down. these engines will still crank on the 1'st pull if you push the primer 3 times.

stuff
http://www.lawnsite.com/album.php?albumid=184
Old 09-07-2007, 03:14 PM
LawnSite Member

I have the 27a to and love it. light weight good power and a little longer reach. out does my echo
Echo Blower, Edger, Trimmer
Kawasaki Trimmer
Husqavarna Blower
Stihl Pole saw
Kawasaki Hedge Trimmer
1997 F150