Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-16-2001, 10:24 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

dlandscaping-you cant continue to let dad run your biz-i assume he is not your partner.

youre only thinking of dropping him?

DO IT.

i really cant believe you let that situation go on as far as it has, but i see in your profile your 15.

put an end to the insanity and take it as a learning experience.

Sir Winston Churchill
Old 10-16-2001, 11:17 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

my sympathies grassman.think u hit it right . they can be very perinoid. and it will get worse probably. i try the, get stern approach before i let one know im gone.sometimes they turn into model customers ,sometimes not. in any case i wouldnt keep a customer that i dreaded. think geo pointed out some things to consider tho.
but sometimes it aint easy being easy.later now
Old 10-16-2001, 01:34 PM
LawnSite Addict

I got in a shouting match with a new customer like that. Thsi lady was unrealistic. Sometimes there are people out there that thrive on stuff like that. The old, "The customer is always right theory" Like it was said here, "Drop 'em and live life"
Old 10-16-2001, 02:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Way to go!!! I dropped a $1000.00 a month customer for this very reason. Bit>>ed and threw at fit every time we showed up, so i finally told her to find someone else. You no what, I don't miss that $1000.00 at all. In this business you have to put up with alot sometimes, but when the time is over its over!!!!!!!!!!!:blob4:
Old 10-17-2001, 06:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I got one

Ya I know what you went through. I have a lady that is even worse (WAY WORSE) than yours. I talked about her a little bit before. If you want to know what makes her so bad, just ask, and I'll tell everyone (may take it's own thread though).
P.S. this is her last season I do her lawn because I'm dropping her.
Old 10-17-2001, 09:20 PM
Banned

To: Summit grounds keeping. Yeah, i want to know about the customer that you are talking about.
Old 10-18-2001, 04:42 AM
LawnSite Member

i know what your going threw. i know i shouldn.t admitted but
when i was a young lad ,years ago me and my guys use to drink
a lot of iced tea and fertilize her ripen tomatoes in her garden and giggle while doing it.i wasa bad boy.
Old 11-14-2001, 08:14 PM
casey

Re: How perinoid can a customer be???!!!

Quote:
[i]. It is a very nice lawn that i mow for $25.00. "WHAT do you think i am doing, paying for your braces"!!! Cause i had braces at the time. I just thought, what a MEAN B***H!![/B]
Hope you get your braces off soon
Old 11-15-2001, 02:00 AM
LawnSite Member

i had a friend of mine,. give me four smaller yards in a older neighborhood. there each 25, and i can do them all i like 1 1/2 hours. he was using a 21, and spending half the day there. when i fist aquired the accounts i went to talk to each customer and tell them that i will be here on a weekly basis, i will bill you at the end of the month, and so on. the forst week it went fine , they each came out to watch me buzz around there yards pointing out little things to watchout for, ect. it went ok for a while then they started to moan and groan about how much they were papying, because it takes me 20min a yard vs. my friend a hour a peice. one lady called me and said that i will call you when i want it mowed again, i said fine. she called about a week later and said it would be ready any time, i told here that i was pusy now so it will be a day or two, she said fine. i showd up two days later and as soon as i showed up she started to get upset, wondering where i have been, and why i havent been there yet, a very unhappy lady. this went on and on and i went about my business. i told here that i am very busy now and it is hard for me to fit her my schedule, since i am a one man crew and a full time student. she calls about a week later again and said its ready, i told here again that i wouldnt be able to get there for a couple days, and she started to rant and rave, and i told here to just cut me a check for what ive done that month and to find another lco.
i am happy i dont have to deal with here moaning every week now.