Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-16-2007, 11:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

eyeware

picked up a couple pairs yesterday of safty glasses yesterday called x-factor, anyone have any thoughts on these? haven't used them yet but for the price looks like all the bells and whitsles are there for eyeware and compared to what i was buying think this brand might be a keeper.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bare spot View Post
picked up a couple pairs yesterday of safty glasses yesterday called x-factor, anyone have any thoughts on these? haven't used them yet but for the price looks like all the bells and whitsles are there for eyeware and compared to what i was buying think this brand might be a keeper.
There's a gazillion brands out there.

If it's approved by the govt it's usually safe. I keep tons of them in every vehicle.

Btw, I'm always amazed at how many lco don't wear them trimming.

Amazing...

Old 09-16-2007, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

ya know lie on the gazillion brands and good to have full of this stuff. had to take getting poked in eye by branch last yr. (was lucky on that one, blurred vision for a while) to smarten up and wear these things from minute i pull up. saw dude (homeowner) yestersterday using chain saw next to house working on, not wearing em, just wonder now if he needed a clue or what.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:13 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I'm not familiar with X-Factor, but I wear safety shades religiously. I'm so used to wearing them that I can't deal with normal sunglasses for those 'off the clock' occasions, I just wear my Stihl safety shades everywhere. Several people have asked me wear I got those sunglasses Maybe I'll start a trend??
Old 09-17-2007, 12:44 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

ya, fanitic myself anymore, got used to safty glasses early in life being machinist out of school long time ago ( like it was yesterday), don't see those type worn around much anymore. x-factors, never heard of them till yesterday, was at a sherwood williams waiting for a gl. of paint to be mixed and saw a rack of them (of all places), sure they had a sunglass version for the trend. btw got a pairs of stihls, dealer threw em in on a purchase earlier this yr. bright yellow frames, might be same.