Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-20-2007, 09:35 AM
LawnSite Member

What Do You Think??????

I am wanting to start a landscaping and lawn care business next spring.I have landscaping experience and have also mowed lawns and in the past have had a applicators license. I will be able to do work wed-saturday.I am kinda concerned that if i mow and it rains wed and Thursday that i would be screwed. I could do one or two small landscaping jobs a week and if it rains just finish it the next week.Where do you think I could make the most money? Is it easier to get mowing or landscape accounts? What would you do. If i do mowing I was also going to do power washing.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:46 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

There are people on here that have far less time then you running a side business, some only have time during the evening and on weekends like myself.

"A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
Old 09-20-2007, 12:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I would try out various things, then stick with what you like best, you don't want to get into too much because you might become a Jack of all trades, but you do need some variety and a little extra so you can choose.

I wouldn't worry too much about the rain, it's wet, falls from the sky, yeah, part of the job.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsites View Post
I would try out various things, then stick with what you like best, you don't want to get into too much because you might become a Jack of all trades, but you do need some variety and a little extra so you can choose.

I wouldn't worry too much about the rain, it's wet, falls from the sky, yeah, part of the job.

Speaking of jack of all trades, my neighbor and also my customer, have me do all kinds of stuff around the house, hanging pictures, move stuff, install low voltage wires, firewood delivery, household repairs and auto repair! I get paid for it all, but you wouldnt want to do this for all of your customers!

"A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."