Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-20-2001, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Engineaire Air Cleaner Problems

Is anyone who has an Engineaire filter for a Kawasaki having problems with the stud that holds the housing on? My friend and I both have 23HP Kawi's and ordered the Engineaire filter assys last week. Today (after running these filters for a couple of days) we both had a failure of the stud that holds the housing on. The stud broke right where it is welded onto the bracket that attaches to the factory studs protruding from the top of the air cleaner. It was a simple fix, just drill out the hole and install a 1/4 inch bolt with locknut, but I thought I'd mention it seeing as how there seems to be many lawnsite members using this setup.
http://www.klawns.com
Old 11-20-2001, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I haven`t noticed a problem with that, but have noticed that the bolt you are referring to, will loosen up. I put a lockwasher on it to help keep it tight. I have noticed how clean my air filter is after all day doing leaf cleanups. It is soo dry here, and the filter hardly has any dirt in it at all. It is doing what they claim. last year whem using the ultra vac, the oil was really dirty after about 30-35 hrs.
Now with the engineaire filter setup, have 45 hrs. on after oil change, and oil is looking good.
Old 11-21-2001, 08:53 AM

Location: PRETTY SOON BETWEEN PALERMO AND AYRSHIRE BUT RIGHT NOW SWEET HOME CHICAGO
we bought 2 for the kawasaki and one for my home lawn mower that has a kohler they are worth the 100 dollars .Havent had any problems with the system only wish they would make em for the smaller vtwin engines on the walk behinds