Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-28-2007, 07:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Toro Groundmaster 325 moves SLOW

Hello I need some help I was cutting with my Groundmaster 325 (not sure what year but it is probly 1980's) the hydraulic lifts the deck and also drives the mower. I have to push the pedal all the way forward with the throttle wide open to just make it crawl. I looked under at where the linkage connects to the hyd pump and cant tell what it is doing wrong. I checked the oil in the pump (it does leak) and it is good. the deck lifts fine. I am pretty sure it is something with the linkage since the pedal is extremly easy to move. I just dont know if I should adjust the linkage (tie rod end style adjuster) or if something else is out of whack. Thanks for any help.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Maybe!!! i have seen where the set screw that goes into the linkage at the pump is loose or gone. this will allow the linkage to slip on the motor shaft. usually this is on the side of the pump. i dont know what the application is on this, but they are usually similar on most unit. let me know
Old 10-01-2007, 08:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Thank you for your quick response. I worked on it Sat and the set screw was in place. I took the linkage off and got looking around and the only thing I noticed was there was a drain or fill plug on the side by the linkage that was loose. I screwed it in all the way (it was about half out) and started looking for the problem elsewhere. I got up and started the mower and lifted the deck seeing if i could trace those hoses and it started going backwards. I got on and it is working like it use to. Thanks for your help. Im not sure what fixed it but it is working great now. Thanks again.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Member

hope it continues fine for you
leeker