Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-03-2007, 02:49 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem Clifford View Post
Mr. escobar, I never insinuated that you were for one second, And I commend you for your apology. I apoligize for not mentioning that in my posting. Like I said, it's cold here and I may have used a bit too much carb cleaner that night, not to mention a couple of beer chasers afterwards. I say we let by gone's be by gones and get back to why we're all here in the first place. Talking and sharing our thoughts about one of our most prized possessions, Good old American lawn maintenance equipment.

Hi clem, (Mr.escobar) thats funny stuff, anyway I know you did not in anyway insinuate that, I re-read one of my posts and thought wow "I sound like a prick." You did not come down on me at all so no apologies are necessary but thanks anyways.

off topic question for a expert handyman
I am reglazeing my shop windows and the dap 33 I was using ran out so I hit the homedepot and they did not have dap 33 but they had dap55 I never seen dap 55 before I bought it and it feels, smells, handles and looks like the 33 what is the difference between the 2 and is it critical to use a oil based primer or can I use latex even though it says oil based should be used?
Old 10-03-2007, 09:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

i will now take my own advise and let by-gones be by-gones.

to B and Clem, welcome to LS, where the men are men and the tall and beautiful. we are family. we squabble, fuss and fight and then kiss (figuratively, anyway) and make up.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:55 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks nmurph for that warm welcome. I really appreciate it. I have to be honest Mr. Estrada, I have never heard of Dap 55 before. I know there is a Dap53 painters putty but like I say, I never encountered 55 before. What country did you say you were from? I'm glad I have a large can of Dap 33 if they stopped making it. Must be an EPA issue. I've always been a Dap 33 man and will continue to be at least until my supply runs out. Any how, it says on the can to use an oil based paint for best results, but I have always had good luck with Kilz-2 primer. It is a low VOC water based paint. indoor/outdoor. You should let the glazing skin over a bit before painting it. This could take a while depending on your climate. Sometimes I just go ahead and paint right over it carefully with the Kilz-2 and have had pretty good results. I like the kilz-2 because it sticks to just about anything, and it can be topcoated with latex or oil paint. I think the latex paint is more flexible than an oil based paint, and will be less likely to crack when glaze shrinkage occurs. Hope this helps you out.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:10 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

thanks clem it is dap 53 my typo they still make dap 33 they just ran out