Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-01-2007, 04:19 PM
LawnSite Member

leaf removal price?

whats the going rate for leaf removal? i'm talking about when the leaves are too much to just cut and bag w/ my mower. $50/hour? $100/hour? problem is, i have about 20 foreclosed homes i do bi-weekly for the bank, and they want a price before i do it, so i need to estimate how long it will take (which i'm good at), just not sure what everyone else is charging. any help?
Old 10-01-2007, 04:40 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

what kind of equipment do you have? If just a back pack blower i really doubt you will get $50 per man hour around here. I have the the large push blowers and a truck loader into my dump and i charge between $70 /man hr for current customers $100/man hour for the one shot deals. that is for two guys on the job. If you need curbside pick up in the Yougstown area i can help you out also.

join us on FACEBOOK www.facebook.com/ClarkLawnMaint
Old 10-01-2007, 04:50 PM
LawnSite Member

nice! as of right now i just have the old backpack, but i'm getting my finances in order to get a push blower. i appreciate the offer to help, but unfortunately most of my work is in the warren/niles area. I got hooked up with a buddy who does some carpentry work on foreclosed homes and they gave me the grass cutting. i'm in some sketchy neighborhoods in warren, but i charge out the ass! i see your red dump alot when i'm in mahoning county, you got a solid setup.
next year i'm hoping to get the truck loader for leaves, this year its old school, rakes and tarps! where did you get yours?
Old 10-01-2007, 04:51 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

what your operating cost?

What is the cost for you to place the key in the ingnition in the morning?

Figure these out and you will find out what the rate should be.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:16 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i got the trailer,truck loader and 2 push blowers from a company that swithed to doing install work only. i got the whole setup for less than the traier is worth. right place right time.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLARK LAWN View Post
what kind of equipment do you have? If just a back pack blower i really doubt you will get $50 per man hour around here. I have the the large push blowers and a truck loader into my dump and i charge between $70 /man hr for current customers $100/man hour for the one shot deals. that is for two guys on the job. If you need curbside pick up in the Yougstown area i can help you out also.
Do you really get $70 to $100 per/man? Jeez, I'm in the richest county in the U.S. and my current rate is $59 per/two-man crew p/hour for my current customers. I guess I've got to bump up the rates. Anyway, on this leaf work I try to stay away from fixed bid pricing.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Look, the easiest way is to make a pile in the woods or most anywhere you can make a mulch pile, you have to decide but the woods is usually a no brainer.

I get upwards of 60 with the 10hp push blower, also I do well with the br-600 + bg-55 combination (one blower each hand).
But that's all cleanup assuming we can pile them off into the woods.

Once they have to be hauled, I usually charge a $200 flat fee per 6x12x2 trailer load, that includes a $40 dump fee I have to pay.
2nd trailer it's 190 each (so 375 for 2), 3rd and consecutive loads 180 each (so 3 loads = 540). The reason it gets cheaper per load is so I have enough incentive to get as many leaves as possible on each load, you have to do it that way or it never gets done.
Not many get me to haul them, few dumps will take them, people with leaf-sucker trucks ain't much cheaper (well yes they are but they don't do the cleanup lol so by the time you add the two it's about the same).

Last edited by topsites; 10-03-2007 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalLawnCare.Com View Post
Do you really get $70 to $100 per/man? Jeez, I'm in the richest county in the U.S. and my current rate is $59 per/two-man crew p/hour for my current customers. I guess I've got to bump up the rates. Anyway, on this leaf work I try to stay away from fixed bid pricing.
i stated that wrong i meant $70/ hr for 2 guys or $100/hr with 2 guys for non customers