Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 10-11-2007, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Fair Price: 2003 Hustler Fastrak 20hp/52"

I need a little help guys. Last year I upgraded to a Super Z from my Fastrak Z. Of course the fastrak doesn't get any use anymore by me since I bought the Super Z. My sister just built a new house and has about 2 acres of grass to cut now and needs a larger faster mower and wants to buy my fastrak from me. My question is what is a current fair price for a 2003 Hustler Fastrak Z, 20hp Honda, 52" Deck, ~100 residential hours, spring seat, armrests, hour meter, very well maintained. I am the original owner and bought the mower new in 2003 for about $4500. Obviously I don't need to get premium $$$ from my sister, but I do want both of us to feel good about the transfer...What do you think? I wish there was some Kelly Blue Book value for used mowers or maybe there is that I am not aware of? Thanks in Advance...
Old 10-12-2007, 06:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hmmm.....
There is a used lawn equipment blue book, I don't have one, but many dealers do, I would check with a few to see if they can give you a general idea on price.
You can find it online or in a library I am sure, here is the information to find it easier.
ISBN: 9781599691046
http://www.themotorbookstore.com/9781599691046.html

Now my thoughts on the price....
Your mower for the year and hours and condition as you explain it would be worth about $3,000.00 in my opinion.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:13 PM
LawnSite Member

mowerconsultant,

I really appreciate your reply...you were the one that helped me make a educated and informed decision on the used Super Z that I purchased last spring. About $3k for the fastrak was what I was guessing as well, but I wanted to double check so I wasn't gouging my own sister and I could sleep at night.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkasak View Post
mowerconsultant,

I really appreciate your reply...you were the one that helped me make a educated and informed decision on the used Super Z that I purchased last spring. About $3k for the fastrak was what I was guessing as well, but I wanted to double check so I wasn't gouging my own sister and I could sleep at night.
Ya gotta take care of family.....
Gouging your sister wouldn't be a good thing with the holidays coming and such....lol...lol....