Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-16-2007, 06:14 AM
LawnSite Member

My first year in business I advertised snow plowing (planning on buying a plow if I received enough work), well I only got about 5 responses so I subbed (gave the work away). Come the first storm I received about 30 calls and had no plow.
As far as a snow blower goes, I'm not sure how fast you would be able to do a driveway with one so I'm not sure how to price it.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SangerLawn View Post

How do I price snow removal and is it a good idea to ask without owning one. Is there really enough money into it to justify buying one? I am already in dept from this summer. Buying a snow blower will have to go on the credit card.
I hear u Sanger! I'm in debt too. The drought sucked and I'm not sure if I should invest in a snow thrower either. U could always use a shovel in the mean time that is if u have a strong back. My back just went out so I'm 1/2 way hoping for a break even though I can't really afford one
Old 10-16-2007, 09:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have no problem with hard work. I started this year with a 21 inch push mower, a broom, and a cheap 69 dollar blower. Before I new it I bought a 36 inch Scag, then went cheap and but bought a 50 inch Troy Built. I am not in anyway bragging, just saying the Lord has been really good to me to give me that much work my first year.

The one thing I noticed is when you have equipment it looks more professional and people tend to take you more seriously. This is the reason I was thinking about buying a snow blower. More then likely I will start with a shovel but was curios about the amount of work and how to price it.

It is what it is......

Check out some of our manicuring http://sangerlawncareplus.com/Site%202/Photos%202.html
Old 10-16-2007, 02:38 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

pricing...

you will have to price the work as if you had a plow, because your competition does......... just be careful, if you generate more customers then you can handle, your credibility will be shot.......

you have a nice truck.... save up for the next year and get a plow....

good luck....
6 full time