Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-06-2007, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountianview View Post
welcome we love to fight over whats the most powerful most reliable blower ,1 million posts and counting .I will go with br 600 as my first blower .whats that bus trying to do with that tractor ? nevermind .
Thanks for all the well wishes.. I have learned soo much here..!! about the bus.. that was a terrible accident that THANK God no one was seriously injured or killed.. we were towing the bus a short distnace with my tractor.. and we went over a VERY VERY small crest of a hill.. the bus picked up speed and ran up on top of the tractor..( the bus was used for storage no brakes or engine) my SO was almost crushed ..!! and my son who had been sitting on the fender like 3 minutes before this happened.. would certainly have beeen killed .. as it was smashed to nothing ..!! but a strange feeling came over me and I had him get off the tractor and get in the bus with me... ( another wonderful reason to ALWAYS listen to your gut feeling ) ... ya just NEVER know when something freak like this will happen.. what an experiance for sure... cost almost $500.00 bucks to have a crane come in a lift the bus off my tractor.. and too think I wanted to be a school bus driver.. LOL.. I'm sure that picture would look good in my resume..!! LOL..
Attached Images

Old 02-07-2007, 08:53 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Welcome to the site......glad to see a fellow virginian here

wayne

Old 02-23-2007, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Hello and welcome. I as well am a fellow newbie. Sorry about the tractor, as far as the blower goes I would have to go with Stihl as well. I personally own a BR340 which I would have to highly recommend. Especially if you dont need all the power of the 600. Either way I would give a good look at Stihl. Just to give you an idea... a couple of years ago I left half a tank of gas in my BR340 over the winter. 5 months without starting. I went to start it in April of that year... started on the second pull!
Also:
Stihl MS290 w/20" bar
Stihl BG72 Blower
Stihl BR340 Backpack
Stihl KM55 Multi-tool
Cub Cadet SC621 self prop. 21"cut w/ casters
Briggs & Stratton 6hp 2300 PSI power washer

Excavation guys never really grow up... They just get a bigger sandbox
Old 02-24-2007, 12:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

welcome my friend!
Old 04-09-2007, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Finally a good old Virginian
Old 04-22-2007, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Welcome to the site you will have all the info and sugestions you ever wanted right here. Joe
Pull behind aerator
Pull behind spreader
Craftsman 21in push
Kawasaki Trimmer
Kawasaki Blower
Craftsman 42in mower (pulls all the pull behinds)
Lesco sprayers
Old 04-24-2007, 06:57 AM
LawnSite Member

Hey there I am from Culpeper! Whats Up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickie- Weed View Post
Hi everyone.... Just wanted to take a few moments to introduce myself..!! I found this site while I was trying to find some information on different backpack blowers I am interested in buying.... trying to find out as much information as possible before I bought one.. I have truley enjoyed what everyone has wriiten and have found out soo much thru reading different threads here..!! now about me.. I have been doing mainly driveways .. grading and speading crush and run gravel the last few years .. I also do brush mowing and I have a few regular lawns I do too.. I own a Ford 3610 tracter with a Woods Brush mower... a Woods finish mower..scrapes ..plows and a disc..!! and yes I change all the attachments myself alone..LOL. ..!!...I'm not big into the business as alot of you are.. I mainly do a few jobs on a weekly basis thru out the year to earn a little extra money along with doing part time work as an electricians helper for a friend a few days a week... guess you could say I'm not yer average girl.. .. LOL.. I also own 3.5 acres on a mountain ridge that keeps me very busy trying to get it into shape as the previous owners let everything grow up..!! hence is why I have been trying to find as much information on backpack blowers as my hand held Echo isn't doing the job..plus it's killing me..!! I have tons of leaves EVERY where..!! I am leaning towards buying the Redmax ebz8001... but not 100% on that yet..!! thanks for the wonderful site and all the information.. !!
Old 04-24-2007, 07:48 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome,stay with a small or medium size back pack they do fine the big ones get heavy,like we bought a redmax 5000 itz fine the 8000 are super heavy.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:59 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Looks to me like "chickie weed" checked out of this place long ago.... 6 posts since janurary, and like 4 of them were on this thread!
Old 10-26-2007, 08:35 AM
LawnSite Member

Don't Laugh,, I Got Some Of My Equipment At Local Pawn Shops For About Half The Price,, As Long U Have The Right Gas/oil Mixture It Will Run A Long Time,, Replace Filter's,, Plug's Just Regular Maintance,, Most Of My Equip Is Echo,, Edger,, Trimmer , Hand Held Blower,, But Been Lookin For A Backpack Type,, Just Don't Know Which Model As Of Yet !!!! Good Luck On Which One U Get,,,,