Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-29-2001, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

A nice little off-season money maker...

Got a great idea for a little off-season money maker. This will only apply to customers who we TREAT, but do not maintain the lawns. My end of the year letter includes:
Late fall is a great time to get your lawn mowers winterized and ready to go in the spring. Let us do it for you. We will #1 drain the tank and carbuerater, #2 change the oil #3 replace the spark plug, and #4 sharpen the blade. We will even pick up the mower and bring it back to you! (some of you may want to exclude tractors) You will be notified if any mechanical repairs are needed. I just sent out the letters and got one right away.
Old 11-29-2001, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Darnit, I have seen someone on here at this site, I think, that does this now............i tried a search but came up with nothing. I will find it though
Old 11-29-2001, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I do this for all of the neighbors and a few customers. I have some older customers that I just mow their front yard & or just mow & they are still doing their leaves & mowing some of the yard until they physically can't do it. I offered to take care of their equipment & it works out great. The neighbor of customer stopped me the other day to ask where to get his mower serviced. I told him I'm your man, so there's another one without trying.
Old 11-30-2001, 04:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

How about

Let us retire your mower, so you no longer have to worry about changing the oil, dealing with gas, changing spark plugs, sharpening blades, messing with belts, spending your precious weekend time, dealing with the heat, having to cleanup everything like your walks and stuff after cutting. How about allowing yourself to have more free time during your weekend, spending your weekend enjoying your lawn, instead of working in it, having a nice looking, maintenance free, pleasurable lawn, without all the sweat and hassle.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.