Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-08-2000, 05:14 PM
LawnSite Member

I have been using the grass gobbler and grass packer, but find that they clog up easily and only fill 1/2 way most of the time, which is not time effective have to emtpy. So I am looking into the above catcher which peaked my interest while reading their brochure. Can anyone comment or does anyone use these and what do you think??????
Old 02-08-2000, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I purchased one late last season. I think it works great. I use the XL size on my Lazer. It will also fit any other Exmark or Encore deck...very light 18lbs ? It is easier to deal with than the smaller catcher for a JD walk. I did not have any problems with it clogging this Fall.
Old 02-08-2000, 08:18 PM
Banned

Location: anthracite valley, commonwealth of pennsylvania Winter residence: Charlotte County FLA
lawnman,<p>What is your mower brand, engine and deck size?<br>What blades are you using?
Old 02-09-2000, 11:27 AM
LawnSite Member

STONE,<br>I run a 52&quot; fERRIS DUAL DRIVE 17HP KAWI and a SCAG TURF TIGER with a 22hp. I run for blades, the standerd and super hi lifts. Im going to try dubble blades this spring. <p>----------<br>spreble<br>
Old 02-09-2000, 02:11 PM
LawnSite Member

I have 2 bags and I highly recommend then. They are lighter, easier to carry because of the design and placement of the handles, and the rear empty door is hinged so that you don't have to mess around with reassembling it each time you empty. They cost about $300.00. Best money I ever spent.
Old 02-09-2000, 11:20 PM
Banned

Location: anthracite valley, commonwealth of pennsylvania Winter residence: Charlotte County FLA
Lawnman you are going to have to use the hi lift blades.<p>If you still have a problem it is with the<br>design of those mower decks. I don't want<br>to comment further and start a brand war.<p>With hi lift blades on a 52&quot; Toro with a 16hp twin I can pick<br>up anything. Small stones, dead fall wood, acorns, thatch, and small pets.
Old 02-10-2000, 12:07 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Grass catchers clog when it's wet and Toros are the best in wet grass. They discharge evenly with long clippings which bag nicely.<p>As far as the small pets, I've found that John Deere's work best for those.