Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-21-2007, 09:33 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Leave Pete alone!

lol.

Pete's along the Atlantic, and so am I. If he says he's had touble with aluminum, I would like to read his comments.

Not too long ago, someone posted a pic of an aluminum tulip path light they pulled out of the ground, and they were from a coastal area. That image is stuck in my head as I begin my lighting business, which I hope will have greater longevity than that fixture.

Kichler and Vista, etc., use modern coatings to keep the aluminum fixtures standing, but what is a long time for these companies? 3 years, 5 years, 15 years? How much is the life expectancy shortened in hot, humid, salty areas?

I can read books on this, or I can ask the guys that put them in and yank them out.

Seems to me there are many applications for cost-effective aluminum, and there are many applications better suited for the more noble metals.

Common sense would seem like the aluminum niche lights should hold up when up and out of the way of soil and scuffing, but I am now wondering about sea air. Any corrosion issues above ground would be appreciated. All real world experiences welcome.

Thanks!!

Mike
Old 10-21-2007, 12:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
Leave Pete alone!

lol.

Pete's along the Atlantic, and so am I. If he says he's had touble with aluminum, I would like to read his comments.

Not too long ago, someone posted a pic of an aluminum tulip path light they pulled out of the ground, and they were from a coastal area. That image is stuck in my head as I begin my lighting business, which I hope will have greater longevity than that fixture.

Kichler and Vista, etc., use modern coatings to keep the aluminum fixtures standing, but what is a long time for these companies? 3 years, 5 years, 15 years? How much is the life expectancy shortened in hot, humid, salty areas?

I can read books on this, or I can ask the guys that put them in and yank them out.

Seems to me there are many applications for cost-effective aluminum, and there are many applications better suited for the more noble metals.

Common sense would seem like the aluminum niche lights should hold up when up and out of the way of soil and scuffing, but I am now wondering about sea air. Any corrosion issues above ground would be appreciated. All real world experiences welcome.

Thanks!!

Mike
The proof is in the puddin'.
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2007, 10:31 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Solecki - INTEGRA View Post
Here is a photo of the 18K Gold Soleckiliter / Goldetliter....

We might as well make this worthwhile... anyone else like one or two of these? I will accept orders for them for until next wednesday and then have them made up in a batch. Pricing to follow... I will have to get this updated.

Have a great day.
Hi Guys. I have an update for you on the 18K Gold Pathlight...

If you would like to have one as a "sample" fixture, you can Call Connie Barnes directly at Nightscaping 1-800-544-4840. For $285 + appropriate shipping and handling they will sell you one directly.

If you want to purchase multiple units for installations, then go through your standard distribution channels.

This would make a great present for the Mrs. at Christmas, or as I use them, for gifts to my best clients.

To be clear, this is a copper deliter, plated in chrome, then plated in 18k Gold. It is shipped complete with a Brass ground stake.

www.integralighting.com

www.facebook.com/INTEGRA.Lighting

Affiliations: IESNA, IALD, IDA, AOLP, LO, MBA

Last edited by INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting; 10-23-2007 at 10:32 AM. Reason: added info.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:37 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks for the info James.

Paul R Gosselin, Sr., CLVLT(#0632)
NightScenes Corporation
President, AOLP
www.night-scenes.com
www.facebook.com/NightScenes
Old 12-05-2007, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The brand new Mini-Washliter is also all copper and uses a bi-pin lamp. It comes as a wall mount or stake mounted and has a frosted lens and dimpled reflector. An accessory shield is available.

Okay, now that I had a chance to compare the miniwashliter with the steller, they are both cool, but I think the steller has a little more substance and architectural appeal to it, and I like the built-in glare reduction. I also like the gutter bracket that you can get with it.

I'd like to see the glare shield accessory for the miniwashliter, if anyone has an image of it. It is a neat little fixture with potential, but it looks a little cheap and has a lot of glare without the shield.

Thanks,

Mike