Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-30-2000, 06:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My company is in the process of building/leasing a new shop. Do any of you have any thoughts regarding a new facility? ie: Bulk material bins/ fuel tanks/ plant holding areas with irrigation/traffic flow pattern/ herbicide storage/mixing? Any thoughts out there? BTW is anyone going to the Executive Forum this weekend?
Old 01-31-2000, 12:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Mark - we just built a new facility. I hope to have some pictures online in a couple of days. It is a 10,000 square foot Seco building. Our lot and building are very versatile. I suggest sitting done with an architect and builder before you get going. We set up and implemented a site plan including large concrete bins made of mafia blocks for aggregates, a nursery area (we re-wholesale products), and the building. We decided on the front part of the building to have some style, so it is all glass, and two stories (the second floor, behind the glass is a poured concrete mezzanine) with offices. The warehouse/shop is clear span with 23 foot eve height, drivethrough. The doors are 14x16. I would be happy to answer any questions you have and will try to get some pictures together to show you what we did. <p>Phil - <p>----------<br>Phil Grande - Soundview Landscape Supply - http://members.aol.com/slsnursery<br>Ivy League Landscaping - http://members.aol.com/scagrider