Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-29-2000, 07:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys,I was wondering if those of you who have been rideing (bouncing) around on ZTR's for a while are experiencing lower back pain? I like the quality of cut my Walker gives but sometimes if you piss it off, It's more like rideing a bull. Yesteryear L/S P.S All you Chopper fans, please control yourselvs, I was really just wondering about the back pain. (joke)
Old 01-29-2000, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Member

I reccomend you try out a FERRIS Pro Cut Z W/IS Independent Suspension.
Old 01-29-2000, 07:29 PM
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I went to a seat with coils in it for extra comfort. I have had 2 back surgeries before ever mowing, so I needed comfort. As for how long, I have over 4,000 hours of sitting on a ZTR and this seat really helped me a lot. It was $300, but worth every penny of it to me. BTW, this was post 2000, this forum is really growing.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<p>
Old 01-29-2000, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

eric what type of mover did you put it on and where can i get a seat like that<br>
Old 01-29-2000, 07:47 PM
Banned

I second Steve's motion.<p>John
Old 01-29-2000, 07:50 PM
Banned

Location: anthracite valley, commonwealth of pennsylvania Winter residence: Charlotte County FLA
This is a BIG problem that the other ZTR owner/operators in this forum fail to address<p>B/4 I went into business for myself over ten<br>years ago I was a rate clerk, supervisor, and<br>salesman in the trucking industry.<p>The amount of back problems that the truck<br>drivers had was a common occourance.<p>All the trucks had air ride seats and some<br>even had air ride cabs and the drivers still<br>had back problems (career ending).<p>I can stand on a sulky all day and then<br>go out dancing at night. The machine of the<br>future in lawn care is the stand on rider.<br>They cost less, are lighter, more compact<br>than any ZTR.<p>BTW I don't know how you ZTR guys can sit<br>on those machines all day. A few weeks ago<br>I drove 1150 miles in over two days to<br>pick up a used piece of equipment. By the<br>end of the trip I was so uncomfortable I<br>could not wait to get out of my pickup.
Old 01-29-2000, 07:54 PM
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

bdemir, DC seat on a DC<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>
Old 01-29-2000, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Anybody have information on the new Turf Rider Sulkies for pick-up trucks? I hear they are a real back saver.
Old 01-30-2000, 05:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Bobby, Walker has a new seat available as a replacement for the factory seat. I have sat on it at a show in Toronto, it is nice but big $'s. It should be on their web site under new products.