Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 12-20-2007, 09:27 PM
Chris J Chris J is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Maldive Islands
Posts: 2,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwsmity View Post
Sure man...www.s2lightscapes.com

I definitely need to add some more pics....need a better camera too. That should help out even more.
Hey,
Just saw the link on another post, Thanks. Impressive site, and looks very professional. Did you do all of the work in the photos?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-20-2007, 09:29 PM
Mike M Mike M is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,814
First you must sell yourself before you can sell others on your ideas

I swear I agree. That is exactly what I've been thinking about every day this past week. I need to start selling and promoting "me", and not just the "lights" or even the "lighting effects."

My next post card will say something like:
"Stylish illumination by Mike M., outdoor lighting designer."
"Call to set up a consultation, or better yet, book a great deal on a lighting demo of Mike's designs at your home for only $65.00"

Or something like that.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-20-2007, 09:31 PM
bmwsmity bmwsmity is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post
Hey,
Just saw the link on another post, Thanks. Impressive site, and looks very professional. Did you do all of the work in the photos?
there is one that's just a stock photo to show what i could do given the right background....the one that's around a pool with trees. the pool lighting i did in the other pics didn't really have any good plants or trees around it.

btw,,,,saw your truck in another post - i love the wrap man!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-20-2007, 09:34 PM
bmwsmity bmwsmity is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
First you must sell yourself before you can sell others on your ideas

I swear I agree. That is exactly what I've been thinking about every day this past week. I need to start selling and promoting "me", and not just the "lights" or even the "lighting effects."

My next post card will say something like:
"Stylish illumination by Mike M., outdoor lighting designer."
"Call to set up a consultation, or better yet, book a great deal on a lighting demo of Mike's designs at your home for only $65.00"

Or something like that.
Not so sure this is a great idea man...who really knows who you are? I think a better approach on the card is selling the experience the customer gets from your work - what's in it for them.

Then, when you're face to face, sell yourself by your actions. Answering calls promptly, being punctual, concentrating on the customers NEEDS and desires, rather than simply what you think looks "correct". People really appreciate this.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-20-2007, 09:46 PM
Mike M Mike M is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,814
Answering calls promptly, being punctual, concentrating on the customers NEEDS and desires

Okay, how's this:

"Call today, I'll answer promptly. If I'm not ten minutes early for your appointment, I'm ten minutes late. I'll satisfy your hunger and lust for illumination."

Actually, the whole needs and desires thing is reminiscent of my old psych 101 days and Freud stuff. It all comes down to sex and death. How's this:

"Mike M will fulfill your needs and desires. Without me, darkness is death."

Sorry, man, I'm having my first cervesa in a week.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-20-2007, 09:50 PM
Chris J Chris J is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Maldive Islands
Posts: 2,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwsmity View Post
there is one that's just a stock photo to show what i could do given the right background....the one that's around a pool with trees. the pool lighting i did in the other pics didn't really have any good plants or trees around it.

btw,,,,saw your truck in another post - i love the wrap man!
You might want to take a closer look at that truck dude. On your web site home page, top picture (second from the left) look familiar? That's my job pal! Did you get this pic from Kichler? I'm not gonna come get you over it cause it's one that I let go of, but man....... Don't you think you should use your own work for your web site? I'm somewhat disappointed in you my brother. I think you should have your site designer make some changes real quick.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-20-2007, 09:51 PM
pete scalia pete scalia is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
First you must sell yourself before you can sell others on your ideas

I swear I agree. That is exactly what I've been thinking about every day this past week. I need to start selling and promoting "me", and not just the "lights" or even the "lighting effects."

My next post card will say something like:
"Stylish illumination by Mike M., outdoor lighting designer."
"Call to set up a consultation, or better yet, book a great deal on a lighting demo of Mike's designs at your home for only $65.00"

Or something like that.
You are mis understanding my recommendation

You must sell yourself on your product /service first meaning you must believe in it and know it's worth more than you are selling it for before attempting to sell it to someone else.

Selling yourself is not a bad thing either but that's not what I meant.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-20-2007, 09:52 PM
pete scalia pete scalia is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post
You might want to take a closer look at that truck dude. On your web site home page, top picture (second from the left) look familiar? That's my job pal! Did you get this pic from Kichler? I'm not gonna come get you over it cause it's one that I let go of, but man....... Don't you think you should use your own work for your web site? I'm somewhat disappointed in you my brother. I think you should have your site designer make some changes real quick.
Immitation is the finest form or flattery.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-20-2007, 10:03 PM
bmwsmity bmwsmity is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post
You might want to take a closer look at that truck dude. On your web site home page, top picture (second from the left) look familiar? That's my job pal! Did you get this pic from Kichler? I'm not gonna come get you over it cause it's one that I let go of, but man....... Don't you think you should use your own work for your web site? I'm somewhat disappointed in you my brother. I think you should have your site designer make some changes real quick.
PM sent...we'll discuss in private.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-20-2007, 10:05 PM
pete scalia pete scalia is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post
You might want to take a closer look at that truck dude. On your web site home page, top picture (second from the left) look familiar? That's my job pal! Did you get this pic from Kichler? I'm not gonna come get you over it cause it's one that I let go of, but man....... Don't you think you should use your own work for your web site? I'm somewhat disappointed in you my brother. I think you should have your site designer make some changes real quick.
If Kichler gave away a contractors photo without permission then I would think that would be grounds to discontinue using their product. Joey D is waiting in the wings with open arms. All brass not the cheap aluminum that is guaranteed to rust. Why support a manufacturer that has such close ties to the DIY market by selling their lights through home depot and Lowe's. You can argue that it's not contractor grade but I don't care. Customers perceive it to be the same quality under the Kichler brand name. perceptions are expensive and nearly impossible to change. I say boycott kichler in support of our brother and fellow contractor Chris J.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:38 AM.

Page generated in 0.11416 seconds with 9 queries