Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-20-2007, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You must sell yourself on your product /service first meaning you must believe in it and know it's worth more than you are selling it for before attempting to sell it to someone

Okay, Just my name and phone number, with a pic of Chris's upcoming bridge job on the front.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete scalia View Post
If Kichler gave away a contractors photo without permission then I would think that would be grounds to discontinue using their product. Joey D is waiting in the wings with open arms. All brass not the cheap aluminum that is guaranteed to rust. Why support a manufacturer that has such close ties to the DIY market by selling their lights through home depot and Lowe's. You can argue that it's not contractor grade but I don't care. Customers perceive it to be the same quality under the Kichler brand name. perceptions are expensive and nearly impossible to change. I say boycott kichler in support of our brother and fellow contractor Chris J.
dont know about boycotting them, but it's pretty lame they sent a pic saying it was okay to use so i could depict representations of what i can do.

i never claimed it to be my work, and it isn't in my portfolio section, just in some little pics on the main page as filler really.

one thing i can say is, there is NO WAY i'm ever sending any pics to anyone but customers.

i do remember chris having issues with this picture once before. what a pain.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete scalia View Post
If Kichler gave away a contractors photo without permission then I would think that would be grounds to discontinue using their product. Joey D is waiting in the wings with open arms. All brass not the cheap aluminum that is guaranteed to rust. Why support a manufacturer that has such close ties to the DIY market by selling their lights through home depot and Lowe's. You can argue that it's not contractor grade but I don't care. Customers perceive it to be the same quality under the Kichler brand name. perceptions are expensive and nearly impossible to change. I say boycott kichler in support of our brother and fellow contractor Chris J.
Right on Pete, I couldn't agree with you more on this one!!!

Tim Ryan
Lite4 Outdoor Lighting
www.lite-4.com
Old 12-20-2007, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
You must sell yourself on your product /service first meaning you must believe in it and know it's worth more than you are selling it for before attempting to sell it to someone

Okay, Just my name and phone number, with a pic of Chris's upcoming bridge job on the front.
wow....cold blooded (in my best rick james voice).
Old 12-20-2007, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

just in some little pics on the main page as filler really.

hehe
Old 12-20-2007, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwsmity View Post
dont know about boycotting them, but it's pretty lame they sent a pic saying it was okay to use so i could depict representations of what i can do.

i never claimed it to be my work, and it isn't in my portfolio section, just in some little pics on the main page as filler really.

one thing i can say is, there is NO WAY i'm ever sending any pics to anyone but customers.

i do remember chris having issues with this picture once before. what a pain.
You sound like an honest guy who was wronged almost as bad as Chris was. I say a boycott is in order. Thanks for your support Tim.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

You know, This brings up the topic of posting photos on this site and having others copy and use them. Personally I don't care as long as it doesn't effect me in my area of influence. But then again it probably would be a good idea to watermark all photos with your logo when posting just to be safe. It is a public forum after all.

Tim Ryan
Lite4 Outdoor Lighting
www.lite-4.com
Old 12-20-2007, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
just in some little pics on the main page as filler really.

hehe
laugh laugh.

glad i could provide some entertainment for the evening.

i dunno, maybe pete's boycotting idea isn't sounding too bad afterall.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, I was gonna use a nice pond photo recently, but it said Pete's Ponds on it. Dang.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly Prof. Lighting View Post
You know, This brings up the topic of posting photos on this site and having others copy and use them. Personally I don't care as long as it doesn't effect me in my area of influence. But then again it probably would be a good idea to watermark all photos with your logo when posting just to be safe. It is a public forum after all.
this is one of the reasons i previously did not post my website on here...because i dont want someone taking my photos (that are explicitly labeled as being mine, and not represented as public domain).