Register free!

Old 12-20-2007, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
Yeah, I was gonna use a nice pond photo recently, but it said Pete's Ponds on it. Dang.
hey now easy does it. Now you are entering my domain and I'm not likin it.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
Yeah, I was gonna use a nice pond photo recently, but it said Pete's Ponds on it. Dang.
hmmm. with all the laughs flying Mike, why don't you let us view YOUR website.

we'd probably all be in shock when we find a collection of all the photos we've ever posted on lawn site.

j/k
Old 12-20-2007, 11:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwsmity View Post
dont know about boycotting them, but it's pretty lame they sent a pic saying it was okay to use so i could depict representations of what i can do. Don't blame Kichler, they are doing nothing outside of their rights. You needed pictures, and they sent you some. You should be thankful.

i never claimed it to be my work, and it isn't in my portfolio section, just in some little pics on the main page as filler really.Come on, it's on your home page! You don't expect us to believe that it's not your work?

one thing i can say is, there is NO WAY i'm ever sending any pics to anyone but customers.See Below.

i do remember chris having issues with this picture once before. what a pain.
As I've told you guys before, when you submit photos to contests, you expose yourself to a wide variety of future events. This photo is one that I submitted in my early years and has been long forgotten. I don't hold any grudge toward bmwsmitty for using it, although I my hope is that everyone will always use their own work to describe their own style. However, I understand that I also once had to get started, and I needed some graphics to get started with. I really don't remember what the guys name was, but I do know that I had his permission to use his photo. I guess I feel it is only appropriate that you have permission to use other's work; therefore, it is a matter of morals and ethics. In the spirit of Christmas, I am going to leave this as a gift. Good luck to you as I hope you gain an enormous amount of business off of it.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:35 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
hmmm. with all the laughs flying Mike, why don't you let us view YOUR website.

we'd probably all be in shock when we find a collection of all the photos we've ever posted on lawn site.

j/k
Hey now that is an awesome idea. I am having a website built right now. I bet I could squeeze in a few of those awesome pics from Joey. You guys would believe me if I told you I flew down to SO Cal to install those wouldn't you?

Tim Ryan
Lite4 Outdoor Lighting
www.lite-4.com
Old 12-20-2007, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

On the Kichler topic, again my disclaimer, I'm just a beginner, but...

That photo recently posted of the corroded Kichler AZT freaked me right the frig out. My new ecomony material for spots has been upgraded to copper.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post
As I've told you guys before, when you submit photos to contests, you expose yourself to a wide variety of future events. This photo is one that I submitted in my early years and has been long forgotten. I don't hold any grudge toward bmwsmitty for using it, although I my hope is that everyone will always use their own work to describe their own style. However, I understand that I also once had to get started, and I needed some graphics to get started with. I really don't remember what the guys name was, but I do know that I had his permission to use his photo. I guess I feel it is only appropriate that you have permission to use other's work; therefore, it is a matter of morals and ethics. In the spirit of Christmas, I am going to leave this as a gift. Good luck to you as I hope you gain an enormous amount of business off of it.
As always, Chris J is the man.

I'll update everyone when I get a new pic up
Old 12-20-2007, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
this is one of the reasons i previously did not post my website on here...because i dont want someone taking my photos (that are explicitly labeled as being mine, and not represented as public domain).
What? You don't want people stealing the photos that you stole? Now that's classic!
Old 12-20-2007, 11:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I hope you gain an enormous amount of business off of it.

Chris, from what, that little filler photo? Please. He could have used some microsoft clip art cartoon just as easily. hehe
Old 12-20-2007, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

heh, given to me as unstolen though really stolen via kichler.

btw....i just shot an email to my web dude to change the pic ASAP.

the laughs keep on comin from Mike, but still no site. hmmmmmmmm
Old 12-20-2007, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Don't blame Kichler.....

: