Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-26-2000, 04:39 PM
LawnSite Member

guys haven't heard to much on these machines any comments would be appreciated
Old 01-26-2000, 07:38 PM
LawnSite Member

I have 2 ryan aerators. The machines are good quality. My problem is that their customer service STINKS! They don't return calls, don't answer mail and seem to not give one crap about the little guy. I guess if I was the superintendant at the Augusta National they would probably kiss my tail if I wanted. I have many examples to support my case. So, if you are looking for a little more than just a good piece of equipment shop somewhere else.
Old 01-26-2000, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought 2 ransomes, a 36&quot; and 48&quot;. I had minor problems with them when first purchased and Ransomes would not stand by the warr. we're taking a belt?? (small change) and oil leak (about $125.00).<p>Chris
Old 01-26-2000, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Bobcat has always made a good product. <p>When Bobcat/Ransomes was aquired by Textron, the same thing happened that happens with all the products Textron produces: Lack of innovation, lack of service, lack of being reponsive to customer needs.
Old 01-28-2000, 04:14 PM
Banned

I dont know Lazer Bobcat is being redesigned they are taking the best of bobcat and the best from Button and making better machines. Alot of the problems fall back on the shop you deal with. they can War. if they want some chose not to. I deal with buttons and all I have seen text took over button is great changes easier to get parts better machines so I think you will see a big change this summer in their products.
Old 01-28-2000, 04:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, that's good to see. <br>I do know Bunton was the #1 commercial walk-behind mower in the world by far and Bobcat was a major player at one point also. Both of these lines, Bunton especially, needs a little energy, a little innovation and some new blood pumped in them to bring them back some market share.
Old 01-28-2000, 04:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Guys, I kind of agree with this discussion. I've owned bobcats in the past(3 3 wheeled riders)had good luck with them, but the industry seemed to pass them by. Everyone else went to bigger tires, wheel motors, electric deck lifts, etc., and Ransomes seemed to fall behind. This is kind of sad, since Ransomes developed the first lawn mower with an engine. They've been in existence since God was a pup. I honestly think, since the buyout by Textron, that things will only get better. They are indeed a major player in the golf course industry, and hopefully will again become one in the commercial arena as well. Thanks, Lynn
Old 01-28-2000, 05:14 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

The way they were going in the late 80's and early 90's, they seemed to be the manufacturer to contend with. They came out with the Twin Trac, that was like a whole new generation of mower. Then they just hit a brick wall in about 93 or 94. It was about the time they changed the color of green on the mowers. They put out the Lynx and they couldn't hardly give them away.
Old 01-28-2000, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We've got 4 ransomes. All are gear drive WB's. They've worked well for us. Dependable (even with Kohler engines which a lot of guys slag) and tough as hell. We run gator blades on them and leave the clippings on the lawn.