Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-30-2007, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I only wish that Mike G was still here, so I could read the interactions between him and Pete.

You bring him back in here and I'll send him a packin' too. He can't deal with my game jack. I'm the undisputed king of pain. The master of disaster. If only I could go one on one with him I tell you I'd show you all what I'm made of. I'm tired of playing second fiddle to him when he's a no show . It's about time I got my propers here. I claimed 600K in sales in 2007. I tell you I'd claim more if it wasn't for Uncle Sam looking over my shoulder. Doesn't that account for anything? Gambino was probably good for 200K maybe 150K. He's a one man band with an out of tune instrument. He is a dinosaur, unable to cope with today's complicated lighting schemes. Why am I constantly defending myself against him. I'm Pete Scalia darnitt! Undisputed heavy weight champion of landscape lighting. I'm tired now I gotta take a break.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyD View Post
Answered in red above. I do not have the exact results of this particular TF but we did use to have one of these hanging on the wall to show the VD just from wall to TF to secondary Tap with and without load. They always were one of the worst performers. Nate probably remembers more.
Joey, thank you for talking some sense here to counteract some of the pure BS that's been put forth in order to push an agenda. Mike, you heard what the man Joey said. This is one of the worst performers out there. All transformers are not created equal and some are just pure worthless.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:02 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete scalia View Post
Mike this is garbage information you have received. Disregard it immediately. Forget about the load handling capabilities (ability to handle the load without tripping the secondary fuse which in this case is 4 X 25 amps). that's not what this is about here. It's about being able to deliver 12v to the fixtures in and economical fashion. And I'm guaranteeing you it's gonna cost a boat load using this transformer and like I've said will leave you in trouble when the custy wants to add more.
The voltage output on this 12v relic will be much less than satisfactory once you go beyond 300 watts of lights connected to it. Even worse If you've got long runs then forget it, you will suck the wind right out of the transformer and it will not even deliver you 11 volts from the taps at the transformer. Which means you will have much less when it gets to the fixtures. I am so sick and tired of reading misinformation and overblown claims to protect beloved idols here that it's to the point of redicule. Look Mike, if you want to listen to this trash info and acknowledge it then I am done trying to help you. When are you all going to wake up and combat this misinformation and drum it out of here once and for all?....
Well Mike,
Pete would have you throw out the baby with the bath water.... best to ignore his biased rants.

I would use the existing transformers where they fit into your expanded design and add others where you need them.

Remember that those Nightscaping Powercenters of the SS design were the first to offer a lifetime warranty to the original owner. Not only do they honor that warranty, but in many cases they exceed it. A couple of times they've sent me brand new replacement units when I wasn't even the original installer.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:16 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Correct the above to read "...the first as far as I know to offer a lifetime warranty..."
Old 12-31-2007, 02:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irrig8r View Post
Correct the above to read "...the first as far as I know to offer a lifetime warranty..."
Word to the wise. Don't take advice Coming from someone who installs 4 new transformers a year. A lifetime warranty won't help bring 12v to the fixture. A dog is a dog is a dog. Worse even when it has fleas.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:07 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Happy new years eve to all. Mike I see your struggeling with man y aspects i did when I was in your position not to long ago. Trying to save the client money can in fact make you look like a hero. But... when nothing performs right you look more like ....well you get the idea.

I see 1 absolutly crucial mistake in this. You assumed. After reading about all the hacked installs everyone has encountered you should learn that you can never assume... ESPECIALLY when your not the one who installed it or serviced it.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Billy you are absolutely right about never assuming. I wonder how many times you get a lead, and then say: "Oh crap. preexisting system."

This has made me wonder about how it must be to be an auto mechanic. All those after market parts and other guy's work before you. LOL. And the old grease everywhere. I hate dirty grease.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:01 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete scalia View Post
Word to the wise. Don't take advice Coming from someone who installs 4 new transformers a year. A lifetime warranty won't help bring 12v to the fixture. A dog is a dog is a dog. Worse even when it has fleas.
And a mule is a mule is a mule..

And Happy New Year to you too Pete.

Last edited by irrig8r; 12-31-2007 at 05:09 PM.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irrig8r View Post
And a mule is a mule is a mule..

And Happy New Year to you too Pete.
The dog I was referencing was the transformer. But if the shoe fits............