Register free!

Old 01-06-2008, 01:29 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I also agree with your statements Joey. I should have said that in my response, but I was in a hurry to watch the Cardiac Cats play the Steelers. My nickname for them held true tonight as well. They were up by huge points, only to let it slip away and be down by 1 until the last minute of the game. Man, the Jags piss me off! But I'm glad they won.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:21 AM
LawnSite Member

Joey- Thanks for the vote of confidence. We have made a lot of changes to the organization in the past year, one of which was the name, which I was a staunch supporter of changing. In my 9 years in the lighting biz I have seen countless number of manufacturer based organizations come..and go. They just don't work. There is still plenty of hard work ahead in order to increase membership to the point that we are a real force, but we are getting there. I think that those of you who attend confrence this year will see that we are constantly working to improve the AOLP for the benefit of its membership and the industry. Of cource we are not as well known as the IA but we all must remember that this Org is still young and has not been around for that long. I am committed though to making it the premier industry association for the outdoor lighting proffessional and I would hope that all of you would volunteer whatever time you can to make that happen.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:07 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

If I were to volunteer for something, in what capacity could I be used? When you say to volunteer it makes it sound as though you have an established program set up in my area for volunteer work. I am totally willing, what do you have for me to do? Is it a matter of me just trying to raise awareness of the organization through my daily work?

Tim Ryan
Lite4 Outdoor Lighting
www.lite-4.com
Old 01-06-2008, 04:25 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete scalia View Post
I agree too. Very eloquently spoken.
Once again I find myself agreeing with Pete.... and I have the feeling that pretty soon he'll be leading us all in a chorus of kumbaya...
Old 01-06-2008, 04:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly Prof. Lighting View Post
If I were to volunteer for something, in what capacity could I be used? When you say to volunteer it makes it sound as though you have an established program set up in my area for volunteer work. I am totally willing, what do you have for me to do? Is it a matter of me just trying to raise awareness of the organization through my daily work?
Tim- By volunteer I mean by serving on one of our committee's such as the Legislative committee which is working on issues like state licensing. The committees meet by conference call once a month. If you will be at conference you will see the different committees and opportunities to serve.

Thanks
Old 01-06-2008, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly Lighting View Post
Tim- By volunteer I mean by serving on one of our committee's such as the Legislative committee which is working on issues like state licensing. The committees meet by conference call once a month. If you will be at conference you will see the different committees and opportunities to serve.

Thanks
Can you list all of the committees?
Old 01-06-2008, 05:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irrig8r View Post
Once again I find myself agreeing with Pete.... and I have the feeling that pretty soon he'll be leading us all in a chorus of kumbaya...
I thought you were James' point man. Have you seen the light and come over to the dark side?
Old 01-06-2008, 05:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Pete- The committees are: Legislative, Membership, Certification, Design Cert., and Awards. Are you coming?

Thanks