Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2008, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Finn BB-302 is it worth it?

Its now winter and im considering new purchases for next season... my main one is a trailer mounted, finn bark blower.

Our operation puts down aproximatly 1000-1300 yds of mulch annually, using 3 dumptrucks, wheelbarrows, pitchforks, and a ton of man hours. Jobs range from 200yd condominiums to 10-20yd commercial properties, and then the small 5-10 yd residential customers etc etc. All of the jobs have good access for the equipment, and the 200 ft hose would make it even easier.

The way I see it is I can send out a 3 man crew with two dump trucks, both loaded, and when one is empty the 3rd man can go refill, and then just hook the trailer on the full truck ( for larger jobs) on smaller jobs, we have trucks capable of holding 12 yds of matierial, so there will be little or no gaps in productivity.

If these machines work as advertised, I can see myself putting more people into parking lot sweeping and spring cleanups, and fewer into mulching, while getting the same amount of work done, or even more work done, faster with a better result to the bottom line and to the customer.

Basically I am trying to justify this purchase by getting advise from people who actually own the smaller model blowers, or who have operated them.

Do they work as good as advertised?
Return on investment?
Ease of operation?

Any comments welcome.

Thanks.