Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-14-2008, 10:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Looking for options regarding equipment

Right now i am servicing about 1 mill squared per application. I used a packback sprayer and a set-up i purchased at farm and country for my zero turn. I also have a lesco push spreader for granulers. This year i am looking to expand my business. I am looking at doing rougly 1.5 mill per app or even more based upon some contracts. I was looking for a good set-up. I am considering a perma green but not too sure if i have enough business that would warrant that. I was considering an hps with a drop in sprayer or maybe a pwoered spreader with a drop-in. I am looking for suggestions. Do any of you guys recommend a tank sprayer anymore with just a plain push spreader?
Old 01-14-2008, 10:49 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenHor7 View Post
Right now i am servicing about 1 mill squared per application. I used a packback sprayer and a set-up i purchased at farm and country for my zero turn. I also have a lesco push spreader for granulers. This year i am looking to expand my business. I am looking at doing rougly 1.5 mill per app or even more based upon some contracts. I was looking for a good set-up. I am considering a perma green but not too sure if i have enough business that would warrant that. I was considering an hps with a drop in sprayer or maybe a pwoered spreader with a drop-in. I am looking for suggestions. Do any of you guys recommend a tank sprayer anymore with just a plain push spreader?
If can't say you can justify a PG right now....but I can tell you that I couldn't when I got mine and it was the best move I ever made.

Getting a machine allows you to grow and be effecient.

I had about 30-40 accounts when I got my PG but was working on the side and trying to farm. There just wasn't enough hours in the day.

I think you will find that it will PAY for itself and allow you to grow much faster if you get a PG (or any ride on for that matter).

Good Luck!
Old 01-14-2008, 11:12 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd go for PG or a Z spray. My biggest lawn is 14K and use my magnum on almost all of my lawns w/ no problems and great results.