Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-14-2008, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Estes sells granular fertilizers. They carry several lines including Andersons'. Excellent service.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Helena.....

http://www.helenachemical.com/locati...locations.aspx
Old 01-18-2008, 03:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

You should see all the stuff Estes sells that you probably aren't aware of. Next time you stop in ask to see their warehouse, it's packed with all kinds of stuff.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:30 AM
LawnSite Member

agree

I agree with some of the others here. Estes would be your next best choice. I will occasionally go in there for some products, they are somewhat cheaper. I went into the local Lesco the other day, and the guy didnt have 21-0-0 in stock. I have some yards that I have overseeded with rye this year and was going to apply a round of it. He said he wouldnt have any until spring b/c he mainly just sells that to golf courses, etc. Didnt set to well with me.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Guys,
I believe our future in this industry will bebetter served if we use the term "control products" instead of "chemicals". IMO
mount airy, md 21771-0630
Old 01-18-2008, 09:59 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garydale View Post
Hey Guys,
I believe our future in this industry will bebetter served if we use the term "control products" instead of "chemicals". IMO
Should we say "weed control" instead of "poison" also?

I have customers that sometimes use that term...makes me cringe when they say it.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by summitlawncare View Post
I agree with some of the others here. Estes would be your next best choice. I will occasionally go in there for some products, they are somewhat cheaper. I went into the local Lesco the other day, and the guy didnt have 21-0-0 in stock. I have some yards that I have overseeded with rye this year and was going to apply a round of it. He said he wouldnt have any until spring b/c he mainly just sells that to golf courses, etc. Didnt set to well with me.
Just a question? if you just overseeded with rye why would you use 21-0-0 as a starter fertilizer, 0-21-0 or something similar would push the rye just fine, I can't believe your'e lesco rep would tell you he doesn't have 21-0-0 and not suggest what you actually need.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:59 AM
LawnSite Member

misunderstood

no no.. maybe you misunderstood. I overseeded my yard with rye in mid-september. i used fertilome, new yard fertilizer for the first two applications. And then I switched to 21-0-0 for the third. B/c i also helped a buddy overseed his yard, i was out of 21-0-0. I wanted to apply another round and I went into the store and he did not have it in stock. All I did was make a phone call, drove an hour away to a different location and picked some up. It just suprised me that the lesco where I lived did not have any in stock.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That makes sense, That's a good program to push new growth.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:02 AM
LawnSite Member

thanks

Thanks, yeah it has worked really well for me the last couple of years. Started with it on my own yard and after good results, I applied it to my customers as well.. All i overseed with is perennial ryegrass (i like it because it has a darker color to it than annual) Havent had a complaint yet!!