Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-17-2000, 05:38 PM
LawnSite Member

I have received some e-mails concerning the H2B program, and felt it might merit a separate posting.<p>The H2B program is an authorized INS program that I believe offers as much to the employer as it does to the employee. Allow me to extend some facts:<br>1. Employees are contracted to work for a wage that is within the financial limits of the business.<br>2. Employees are issued a legitimate social security number that allows them to file for income tax returns.<br>3. Employees may not leave to find another, or &quot;better&quot; job with incurring INS problems.<br>4. Employees may travel to and from Mexico without fear of being detained. This also helps employers know how many people they will have to fill their contracts<p>These are just a few of the advantages that the H2B program has to offer. I'd like to get some feedback on your experiences with the program. Maybe you could point out some negatives that need to be discussed.<p>WorkForce International<br>WorkForceIntl@aol.com<br>(713)923-5564 (Business)<br>(713)923-5517 (Fax) <br>
Old 01-21-2000, 05:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Before I go any further, I would like to address an H2B related issue that has weighed heavily on my mind--providing housing, or not providing housing for H2B workers. <br>INS regulations do not in any way, shape or form require employers to provide housing for their H2B workers. Nevertheless, at some point its not just about profits, or what we are legally bound to do. It is about what is right. I appeal to you that you give this question some thought. This may dissuade some of you from using the H2B program, but at the risk of losing customers I feel it is right that I make mention of this.<p>WorkForce International<br>WorkForceIntl@aol.com<br>(713)923-5564 (Business)<br>(713)923-5517 (Fax)<br>