Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-22-2008, 11:41 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUTURFGEEK View Post
You must really be sorry considering youre whole self centered apology consisted of ripping me and saying it isn't over, what in the world is wrong with you, are you that insecure that a disagreemant on this site has brought you to this, You are truly pathetic. And I apoligize to everyone without knocking him and blaming anyone, the way it should be done.
Without knocking him? You called him pathetic, and you think you didn't knock him?
Old 01-22-2008, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not the one keeping this going, but I will keep defending myself, so keep it coming if thats all you know
Old 01-22-2008, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Also Pathetic is not a knock it's the truth, I mean come on this is a disagreement between him and me about a product and all he has done is try to get as many other people to come on here and ridicule me with him instead of just making and arguing his point on his own and then moving on, the question is will he ever just move on, so yes Pathetic explains my point perfectly. I stayed away from dragging this on and sure enough tonight he came back on with another post knocking me, so hopefully anyone with any sense who has been in an argument b4 knows it will never end when dealing with someone like this.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:01 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
Badmouthing members via PM's rubs me the wrong way. Personal Messages should be thoughtful and kind. If one has a problem with another member, please post it for all to see. That way we can all see what's going on. Threats are a no no. rcreech is a stand-up guy. If he's wrong, so be it. I've never PM'd a fellow member just to chew him out. This ain't no teen chat room. LOL Just guys wanting to learn from the experiences & mistakes from others.
And the saga continues.... You're right americanlawn, this ain't no teen chat room, but it sure seems like it has turned into one lately. Everyone has different points of view. We come together,lay our ideas out there for all to see and discuss them. Sometimes we agree. Sometimes we agree that we disagree. Sometimes we come away having learned something or seeing things in a new light. BUT FOR HEAVEN"S SAKE, WE ARE ALL ADULTS and Professionals. As Professionals, we should conduct ourselves accordingly. I have no ill feelings toward either of you guys. You both are knowledgeable and bring excellent information and ideas with you. I don't want or feel that I need an apology. If anyone does it's Scott's Lawn Service. He came here looking for some advice from guys who knew their $hit and ended up in the middle of a "pissing contest" having gained nothing....
Old 01-23-2008, 12:17 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Ted

I saw where you said in one of the earlier posts in this thread that you've had good luck spraying post em crab herbicides with your Perma. Since you couldn't have been spraying Drive (agitation), what herbicide did you use? Q4?

Thanks for the feedback Buddy.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:55 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
I saw where you said in one of the earlier posts in this thread that you've had good luck spraying post em crab herbicides with your Perma. Since you couldn't have been spraying Drive (agitation), what herbicide did you use? Q4?

Thanks for the feedback Buddy.
Vic,
I have used neither the Drive or the Q4 before. What I've done will probably not be much help to you. I have the misfortune of being right in the middle of a major transition zone. I deal with Bermuda, Zoysia, St. Aug, Centipede and Fescue. I have a few lawns that have at least 3 of those in different combinations so I have to be extremely careful what I spray and where I spray it. However, most of my lawns are Bermuda. I use one of 2 mixes. I use MSMA,surfac,Chelated Iron(reduce yellowing) or I use that combination with Sencor 75DG (Metribuzin). Both give excellent crabgrass control. Sencor gives enhanced knockdown of additional grassy weeds. It is a DG so the agitation was a concern. I pre slurry it before adding to the tank and I've found that the PG usually bucks and rocks enough while doing the lawn that it stays pretty well in suspension. I know that probably isn't much help to you but... I have found that even though MSMA is not labeled for Fescue( which for the most part is a weed here), it will not kill it on it's own. It merely yellows it for a couple of mowings. Even though I have not used Drive,(I do plan on trying some this year) The agitation thing may not be that big of a deal if you do like I do with the Sencor, mix what you need and use it immediately....This probably doesn't help you much with your Fescue and Bluegrass lawns. Oh yea, Sencor is not an option for you. It will smoke Fescue in one shot.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:33 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi, my name is Shades ... and i am a low volume, 3 way applicator. Something i'm not proud of, but thats why i'm here. The first step to getting clean is admitting you have a problem. Thank you.

Seriously, What the F--- was that all about? Are we in God Damn Grade school.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Jay

I just noticed the caption next to where you state your location as being Jersey "a great place to go bankrupt." That's funny. You're not the only person that feels that way, believe me.

Anyway.. Do you do any low-volume post-em crab treatments?
Old 01-23-2008, 01:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow Ted

With all of the different types of grass you deal with, I'd say you really have your work cut out for you!
Old 01-23-2008, 03:53 PM
LawnSite Member

The label for Eliminate Lo (lesco) does have application
rates for low volume equipment. The active ingredients
look to be same as Three-way with the % of 2,4d higher
in eliminate lo.