Register free!

Old 01-18-2008, 03:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

havent used the 46-0-0 for some time but when we did...simply add it to tank without the pump running

we filled our tanks at the end of the day for the following day. Add water and any other product you need such as weed control, add the urea last with the pump not running. The next morning the urea is all dissolved and you're good to go.

This will work with sprayable prill or the spreadable prill
Old 01-18-2008, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Slurry

I have always mixed up a slurry of any granular/prilled/ WP's in a pail prior to pouring into my tank. That has eliminated clogging problems. Pour it through a fine mesh screen to completely eliminate clogging.

First time I did this was about 30 years ago. It has not failed to cure the problem since.

Liquids seem the way to go whenever possible.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Lawnservice,does that work,to dump it in at the end of a day along with water and weed control and urea will liquify?I mite try that.I actually went to a different grade of urea two years ago from van diest,it called fine prilled feed grade urea and it is as fine of urea as you will get and not a powder so it wont gum up.But other than that warm water is the best method if possible with agitation.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yo

Pour your 46-0-0 into the tank first. Then using a Jet nozzle on a Garden hose fill the tank directing the water stream at the Drain hole until the Urea is dissolved. Now finish fill your tank with the pump running to finish dissolving the remaining Urea.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

urea dissolve

And furthermore consider some kind of agitation setup. Do you have a canoe paddle? Shovel? Electric outboard? A reel motor attached to the hatch cover with a long shaft and propellor would do it. Electic drill and paint stirrer attachment maybe (5 gallon bucket size)?

Do not run the pump when filling.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

"Slurry" & "agitation" are two words that bring back bad memories. My two cents worth.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.GreenJeans89 View Post
Lawnservice,does that work,to dump it in at the end of a day along with water and weed control and urea will liquify?I mite try that.I actually went to a different grade of urea two years ago from van diest,it called fine prilled feed grade urea and it is as fine of urea as you will get and not a powder so it wont gum up.But other than that warm water is the best method if possible with agitation.
would i lie to you??
using warm water just adds to the cost of your fill.

if you have a large tank with lots o pounds of urea going in you may want to agitate the urea by hand...not your physical hand but use a tool, we have found an edger works well. But yes, allowing the urea to dislove on its own works fine. Problems come when adding urea while pump is running and hoses and/or pump gets clogged...now the urea will take a long time to disolve. But with pump off add urea and walk away. You might want to do some paper work, maybe set up the next days route...do a few call aheads etc, maybe even wash the truck...by now the urea is desoved enough to run the pump. Or just wait til the next morning to run pump
Old 01-24-2008, 09:14 AM
LawnSite Member

I will try that.This has been a huge problem 4 me since my tank duznt hav great agitation,it has a little.Im gonna try another pump on the side or something to give me more.Its a 300 gallon tank and usually it wil do about 3 acres which is several normal size lawns,so usually theres not time to go out and spray two tanks in a day.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:21 AM
LawnSite Member

Tell me more about Nutri-flow
Old 01-24-2008, 11:40 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

yo

I think I may be missing something here about this question.

HOW MUCH WATER ARE YOU TRY TO MIX UREA IN????

I apply @ 5 gallon or more per thousand sq ft. Therefore I am only mixing 50 lbs of urea in 200 + gallons of water. I have very little problems mixing urea.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.