Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-23-2008, 04:24 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4green View Post
Last year I actually caught a TGCL guy taking my invoice off the door and take it in his truck took it out of the bag and looking it over. Then the next app customer told me they had called giving price 5 dollars cheaper saying the price they are paying now is on some data base thats how they know it would be cheaper. Later I called all customers in that particular subdivision an everyone of them had received the same call. Those guys have no ethics at all. Its good to know though that all my customers stayed and even a couple noticed them doing this as well and reported it to better buisness bureau. Loyal customers go along way and I even got more buisness from neighbors because of this.
I would have pulled him out of the truck, and pulled it from his hands. That is your property not his. That chit pisses me off. It didnt happen to me but reading it makes my blood boil.
1-Z-Spray Int
1-Permagreen Mag
4-backpackmistblowers
1-Four Wheeler with 50ft air blast mist sprayer
1-F-250 4x4 supercab p/u
1-E-250 van
1-E-150 van
2-landscape trailers
a ton of backpack sprayers
Old 01-23-2008, 05:33 PM
LawnSite Member

I wanted to rip his arms off but you know the way it goes quiet subdivision lots of neighbors out wouldn't been in my best intrest at the time. Plus like I said worked out to be the best thing. Not only are those customers even more happy with me I think I got all their accounts in the sub because didn't see any TGCL flags at the end of year. Maybe next time I see him though he will have to watch his back.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

That's TOO FUNNY Here's a pic of our lawn flags that were removed from our customers' lawns by a local competitor. We were the only company around who used two-sided flags. Turned out that the guys who stole our flags from our customers properties began using two-sided flags with the 'same colors and print size' as ours the very next spring. I really don't understand it cuz all they had to do was ask. Over the past couple of years, I have NEVER refused to help out others on this site. Never......spray rigs, pumps, spray boots, chemicals, ..........anything! I even had to post pics of our real estate, trucks, equipment, warehouses, office, etc just to PROVE who we were. (lawnservice -- you know what I'm talking about...I have even helped out the outfit here which you know here in the Des Moines area).

I am NEVER afraid of "competitors", cuz if you're good enough, you won't have to worry. I really want to say much more, but I won't. The proof is in the pudding!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremelawn View Post
A couple of years ago a friend of mine that works at the local office supply store in town help me design and print my door hanger. A couple of weeks after we passed them out my friend called and said he had something for me to see. A guy had brought a word for word hand written copy to the store and needed it typed and 50000 printed. My friend did just as the guy told him except he reversed the last 2 digits of the phone number. The guy was so dumb he did not even catch it when he signed the prof. The store required him to pay up front for a quantity that big. Then me friend told him of a company that would pass them out for him. So he paid twice for nothing.

I wonder if he is still waiting for the phone to ring
Attached Images

Old 01-23-2008, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

oh those are lawn signs, I thought you guys actually used little flags.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill8379 View Post
oh those are lawn signs, I thought you guys actually used little flags.

Newbie, eh?
Old 01-24-2008, 06:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Newbie, eh?
Not necessarily. Not all states require them. I've never seen one before except for those used in agriculture.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:37 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I never understood, if the sign is gonna say, "Do not remove for 24 hours," Why don't you put a date, and time, on it?
Old 01-24-2008, 07:08 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I took my employee with me yesterday to a local auction. We ran into a competitor, and as always, shook hands and said hi to him. I listened while he bad mouthed a few commercial plowing accounts that I signed this year, come to find out he had them last year (I didn't know this, I only knew they weren't happy with their previous contractor)

Later my employee told me the other LCO had pulled him aside and offered him a job.

This is the same guy that went around this fall and offered a few of my commercial accounts 'whatever it takes to get the account', even offering to drop $1000 off his proposal to steal one from me. (Luckily, my customers see through this sh**, and re-signed with me). Then, when I see him, he preaches how he doesn't step on anyones' toes, and we all need to work together....
I still maintain that what goes around, comes around. Keep doing a good job, and there will be no worries.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:07 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHS View Post
Not necessarily. Not all states require them. I've never seen one before except for those used in agriculture.
He knows why I said that.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ahhh