LawnSite Senior Member

phs

manor comes with a measuring device
don't forget a sticker
Old 01-27-2008, 11:01 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlmaroad View Post
Ted: Don't intended to Hi-Jack. What do you use for "Creeping Charlie" in Centipede and St. Augustine? Tried Sedgehammer, Vantage, Dismiss, Atrazine, Image--Nothing Works. I have Southern Ag's "Weed Killer with Trimec". but afraid to use it, eventhough the label states "Safe for St. Augustine and Centipede"

Roy

Good Choice. It is the Dicamba in three way herbicide mixes that controls clover. Most Three Ways Like Trimec are very cost effective. I am not sure but I believe Southern Ag uses Gordon's Trimec, They are in fact a Re-package manufacture and do not actually formulate any chemicals. Southern Ag has only two locations, Your state and mine. I buy from Southern Ag and I am very happy with them as a supplier.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:06 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Roy

Good Choice. It is the Dicamba in three way herbicide mixes that controls clover. Most Three Ways Like Trimec are very cost effective. I am not sure but I believe Southern Ag uses Gordon's Trimec, They are in fact a Re-package manufacture and do not actually formulate any chemicals. Southern Ag has only two locations, Your state and mine. I buy from Southern Ag and I am very happy with them as a supplier.
Ric: I was hoping that YOU would help. If anyone knows what works--you do.
Would this be safe as label states on the St. Augustine? I have just a little "Creeping Charlie" moving in from one of the yards to another through the fence. IS DICAMBA available stand alone. I've never seen it.
Thanks and I miss your advise
Roy,
Old 01-27-2008, 11:46 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlmaroad View Post
Ric: I was hoping that YOU would help. If anyone knows what works--you do.
Would this be safe as label states on the St. Augustine? I have just a little "Creeping Charlie" moving in from one of the yards to another through the fence. IS DICAMBA available stand alone. I've never seen it.
Thanks and I miss your advise
Roy,
Roy

I have only seen Dicamba as a stand alone for Ag. Creeping Charlie would better be suppressed but not totally controlled by 2-4,D which is also in Trimec or Three Way. Multiply application may be needed.

Yes I use Three Way herbicides on St Augustine all the time. However it is the Dicamba that will stunt or kill St Augustine if over applied. Straight 2-4,D won't kill St Augustine as quick as a little Dicamba.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:18 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I don't know if Manor will work on the Creeping Charlie as I don't deal with it here. I'll bet it would though since it works on many other creeping varieties such as buttonweed,dollarweed,dayflower, etc... I looked creeping charlie up and from what I can tell. Trimec Southern will work. It still has 24D and Dicamba in it, just at lower rates. I looked at Dismiss as the "magic bullet" for me beause of it being labeled for the sedges and many broadleaf weeds. However, it didn't cover enough of the broadleafs for me. It is not labeled for buttonweed in particular and I also have a problem with Bahia and Foxtail. For my purposes, Manor comes closer to being that magic bullet than Dismiss. The rates ar low. I use the .75oz per acre rate to cover all the weeds I need it to. The measuring cylinder that comes with it is in .0125 oz increments. I put .0375 oz in a 2 gal handcan, be sure to use surfactant. Cost is around $180 for a 1.5 oz bottle