Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-20-2000, 12:12 PM
LawnSite Member

I was wondering what you all thought about the echo split boom system. I have been considering buying the thing but have been told that they are trash. The concern that i hear from my dealers and from freinds is that the place where the 2 shafts come together is prone to failure. I have considered buying seperate units (pole pruner, broom, pole hedge trimmer etc) but i dont use them enough to justify the cost buying them. My present thought is to buy the sthil trimmer and get the pole pruner and hedge cliper for it, then get a mantis tiller and a shindaiwa power broom. From just roughly looking at priceing this seems to be some to much more expensive than the echo; but its worth it if the echo is a POS. thanks guys
Old 01-20-2000, 12:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We've got 'em and love 'em. Never had any problems with them. We ran them in 1998 and 1999. Probably have a dozen or so.<p>Echo has the new 2601 PAS out this year. Pretty tough to knock that unit.
Old 01-20-2000, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Member

I too would agree that they work well. I have one that's a few years old and has done fine, although I personally like buying seperate trimmers. It's kind of a hassle if you have to keep swithing them out. They are kind of tricky to change.<p>