Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-30-2008, 06:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=NattyLawn;2124858]If you leave GG in your sprayer for a few days the product will ferment and turn into an organic roundup similiar to BurnOut.QUOTE]

So does the water mixed with the GG make it ferment? If not, how do you store it for periods of time?
Old 01-30-2008, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

[QUOTE=mrkosar;2125499]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NattyLawn View Post
If you leave GG in your sprayer for a few days the product will ferment and turn into an organic roundup similiar to BurnOut.QUOTE]

So does the water mixed with the GG make it ferment? If not, how do you store it for periods of time?
Yes it will make it ferment. It stores for long periods of time in concentrate form. Once mixed, you better spray it withing 24-48 hours tops depending on the weather. You'll know when it starts to go.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Natty,
thanks for the links. I've been thinking about what I posted in this tread about a customer not having alot of money to start and spraying synthetic herbicides to get the yard under control. I think I failed to realize that the customer will have to bite the bullet and pay for the proper renovation at some point in time to get desired results
cause depending on the soil to begin with in that yard.
they will probably need aeration/seed and a good top dressing of compost to really start their program right.
cause with out that, there are still seeds dormant on the soil,
and how are you going to increase fertility to grow a dense turf with out the renovation? will spraying syns. and adding organics ferts be enough? there's over seeding and even better slit seeding, but will that be enough to correct things?
I want to give the best advice to the customer to begin with and I really want to stay away from those chemical's in the first place.
I guess I go back to the drawling board and try to work this out.

any suggestion anybody?