Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-04-2008, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

where can i buy material?

Starting a lawn chem business and would like to stick to organic. Need to know if yall have any good places that supplies organic material for pros.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

http://attra.ncat.org/attra-pub/orgfert.php
Old 02-05-2008, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newby08 View Post
Starting a lawn chem business and would like to stick to organic. Need to know if yall have any good places that supplies organic material for pros.
We are a sponsor here and handle organic products for turf and ornamentals.

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 02-05-2008, 08:44 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Newby08,
Please peruse as many of the threads here as possible for some good background on different practices for organic lawn care.

The distribution of organic lawn care products are quite fractured, there (currently) is no organic Lesco's or John Deere's ( as much as I talk to them both). Barry is associated with a company that is trying to get distribution of organic based fertilizers more wide spread, call him and see whats close, in large quantities they can be very competitive. It is going to come down to how far do you want to drive or how much is shipping (currently).

One of the practices that has been discussed here is using locally produced products for organic lawn care, some find that finished composts and meal products like alfalfa and soy are almost all you need for maintaining a lawn. Others like a program based on reduced NPK numbers. by maintaining soil organic matter readings in the 5 to 7% range and supporting the microherd (bacteria, fungi, etc) in the soil you can dramatically reduce NPK inputs
Old 02-05-2008, 11:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thumbs up sounds good

That sounds like what I'm looking for Barry, I don't have time right this second to look more into it. Do you have a schedule or anything about when to apply and so forth, as the name implies I'm new to organics and from what I've read it seems that the applications are fewer than ordinary chemicals.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newby08 View Post
That sounds like what I'm looking for Barry, I don't have time right this second to look more into it. Do you have a schedule or anything about when to apply and so forth, as the name implies I'm new to organics and from what I've read it seems that the applications are fewer than ordinary chemicals.
I'll be glad to help you out. Get my number from my website & call me when convenient to you.

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt