Register free!

Old 02-08-2008, 06:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

any thoughts on pricing in georgia area?

I'm about to start my new business, I'm 85% sure I'll be able to do organics only. I don't know how to price for this though. Can anyone help me out and point me in the right direction? I want to make sure that it is in the same range as synthetic chemicals if not cheaper since organics are almost unheard of here in Ga.

Thanks
Adam
Old 02-08-2008, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

There is a company called Earth Balance Organics in your neck of the woods, Google him, I went on his site and asked for a quote on my yard but he hasn't responded, it looks like he is expanding since I live near Athens Ga.
Go on his site and see if there is something that can help you.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

thanks

awesome, thanks
Old 02-08-2008, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newby08 View Post
I'm about to start my new business, I'm 85% sure I'll be able to do organics only. I don't know how to price for this though. Can anyone help me out and point me in the right direction? I want to make sure that it is in the same range as synthetic chemicals if not cheaper since organics are almost unheard of here in Ga.

Thanks
Adam
Adam,
don't under sell the value of your service!
Strive to find the right clientele instead of trying to please everyone with a low price! People looking for the lowest price are not good customers. You don't want them. Select those who are in tune with what you offer, don't worry about price shoppers.

I think you'll find more people want a safe lawn than you think. When I started, I thought my target was people who spent lots of money on their landscape. It turned out that my first customers were those who never had service done because they didn't want chemicals.

You are worth more than you think. Contact local environmental groups, people interested in sustainability, schools, churches, day care centers.....

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 02-08-2008, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Good point, I know what you mean by the whole you don't want the cheapskates, I just have no idea how to price. I didn't mean going and low balling everyone either. When I had my Maintenance company I had to put up with those people all the time. That is what I'm kind of hoping for in the chems that they won't be around so much.
Does anyone have a formula for sq. ftg that I might can get an idea from?
When I did my landscape maintenance all I did was maintenance other than a few little things here and there for some of my best customers and then I would just pull a number of out of my head.

Thanks for the thoughts
Adam