Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-09-2000, 07:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just priced out a shindaiwa t270. I can buy one in Spokane Washington for $367.76
Old 01-14-2000, 04:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone tried the Honda 4-stroke trimmers?<br>I'm thinking of buying one but would like some input from someone other than a salesman. If it's anything like thier other motors it will last a long time.
Old 01-14-2000, 07:20 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

DocShank, I saw your comments on the Edgeit. I was wondering if there were any disadvantages to the edgeit? Also does it allow the same amount of line to come out before it cuts it off as the standard guard that comes on your trimmer? I thought about buying one but I didn't know much about it. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.
Old 01-14-2000, 09:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Henry,<p>Werun Shindaiwas but checked out the Hondas. Too heavy and our Honda guy (we've had Honda rear-baggers for years) told us that the Honda trimmers are NOT built by Honda. So don't expect Honda quality.<p>----------<br>Dave in S.Ontario<br>
Old 01-14-2000, 09:02 AM
LawnSite Member

Barkleymut, I haven't run across any situations where I thought it was a disadvavtage having the Edgit on my trimmer. But bear in mind I keep another trimmer without the Edgit attachment. I use it for cleaning off ditch banks and areas that have big woody stemmed weeds and brush(usually keep a flail cutter head or brush cutter blade on it). I'm fixing to buy another Shindaiwa and install an Edgit on it also, but I'll always keep at least one trimmer without the Edgit attachment.<p>The Edgit replaces the safety guard that comes with your trimmer. It doesn't have a cutter to cut your line to length. You'll have no problem telling how long your line is by the sound of the line and the load on the motor. The only trick to using the Edgit is getting used to it, which takes very little time. Once you're used to it, it will feel weird trying to use a regular string trimmer head.<p>----------<br>Doc Shank<br>
Old 01-14-2000, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I have to put my 2 cents in on this topic. I have 3 Shindaiwa T-270's and a LE260 edger. Their built solid as a rock, never any problems, and always start. I'll be ordering a backpack blower(EB630) soon. My main dealer went out of business, so now my closest dealer is about 17 miles away. But I don't have to go there very often. Bob
Old 01-15-2000, 08:09 AM
LawnSite Member

Has/is anyone out there used/using the new Honda 4 stroke. What do you think?
Old 01-16-2000, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Member

I have had good luck with Red Max trimmers and blowers.