Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-16-2000, 02:37 AM
LawnSite Member

all these people are correct. stay away from homeowner units. a split boom is a great way to get the most use out of your money. it also makes a great second trimmer as you can use it for many other things plus have a back up trimmer.

Last edited by Administrator; 10-04-2002 at 10:40 PM.
Old 01-16-2000, 04:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Try Alamia.com. It is a site linked to Lawn and Landscape.com. They are mail order and competetively priced. Ask for Jeff or Saad.
Old 01-16-2000, 06:50 AM
LawnSite Member

I have to agree with everyone else. Buy a commercial trimmer. I use a Ryobi 31cc 2 cycle. On my larger properties it gets heavy before I get done. Very hard on the shoulders. The only reason I use it is I had it when I started in the business. I will replace it this summer with a commercial brand. One note on the split boom. The first one I bought the screw that holds the clasp in place sheared. It was only a couple of weeks old so Lowes replaced it no problem. The reason I bought the split boom was to attach the edger when I needed. I have used the edger maybe twice. I now just sits in the truck and never gets used. I flip the weedeater around for edging. Think about it. You may not need a split boom. <p>Good luck<p>----------<br>Jeff<br>
Old 01-16-2000, 03:27 PM
jeffclc

I have to agree with the others that you do not want a homeowner grade trimmer for heavy duty use. <p>Echo products can be purchased from sevral mail order companies, and are not all that much more $$$ than the Ryboi.