Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-20-2002, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Jim

Hi again. I just looked at your postcard. Looks great with lots of info. A couple of suggestions:

1. Include a return address. The postal people like this and if any cards are returned you can remove that name from future mailings.

2. Send a card to yourself. This will let you see how the cards are post marked. They may be covering up some of your copy. Here they put a tape strip across bottom of card. That would cover up some of your card. You may want to adjust copy to be seen.

Good luck with your mailing. Your phone is going to get a real workout!

Old 01-21-2002, 04:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
2. Send a card to yourself. This will let you see how the cards are post marked. They may be covering up some of your copy. Here they put a tape strip across bottom of card. That would cover up some of your card. You may want to adjust copy to be seen.
I like this idea. Thanks for the pointer. Something so simple, and I didn't think about it.

I already mailed all of ours out, and I don't think we will run into a problem, but one can never tell. So now I'm going to send myself one just to see. I know it's late, but at least I will know for next time.
Old 01-21-2002, 05:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by heygrassman
I would definately recommend looking to a door hanging service as opposed to DM. They can deliver, typically, for $.10-$.15 (including design and production) per home.
I know these services exist (I even mentioned them in another post), but I can't seem to find them in the phone book! Suggestions on what to look under?
Old 01-21-2002, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
USPS is very particular with what can be printed where on the addressing plate (especially if going at a bulk rate). I would recommend seeking some advice from them on what is passable before printing a batch. My $.02.

jf