Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-20-2002, 12:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Finding out who owns a company? Court releated..

This post is related with a old one of mine,related to us having to take a commercial customer to small claims for about 2500.00. We one the judgment due to them not showing, however I have called two weeks striaght to see about payment and they will not , I mean no one take my call or return one. Thye main office is located about two hours from here and the branch we handled was here in town. Of course all bills get paid threw the main office. I filed a proccedings supplemental that requires them to appear or be held in contempt of court. Who do I hold in contempt if they do not show the branch manager or the owner, and if the owner how do I find out who it is? Any suggestions on how to get my payment is also appreciated. PS any Indiana guys DO Not mow for Cumberland River Nursing homes, They are the worst buisness people I have encountered in four years.
Old 01-20-2002, 03:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Go to local library, and look in the business up in the business section of your area's city directory. City directory IS NOT the telephone directory, but a listing of all people and businesses in a community. It is updated and published annually by companies like R. L. Polk, Criss Cross, and others. It is a handy reference: list all individuals in community alphabetically, showing their occupations, addresses, telephone numbers, status as home ownership or renters; also lists house numbers on streets alphabetically and numerically, and shows name of homeowner or renter; also lists telephone numbers in numerical order, to use as a reverse lookup; also, the section you want, lists businesses and the owner's or corporate officers' names.

You will generally find the city directory at the reference desk, they do not allow it to be checked out because it is an expensive item. Of course, the info in the directory can be erroneous or outdated since last publication, but it might be a start for you.
Old 01-20-2002, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Your Secretary of State should have this information. Ohio has this information available on line.

Posting a link that is not relevant but should show what is available.

http://serform2.sos.state.oh.us/serv...chema=PORTHOPE

Good Luck
Old 01-21-2002, 01:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the tip The Indiana Sec. of State website had all the info. I needed and more. Once again, Thanks.
Old 01-21-2002, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My pleasure... good luck.