Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-29-2002, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Member

contract examples

I am having trouble getting customers pay for a $5.00 late fee for accounts receivable, so I thought that I would have every customer sign a contract that states policies of my lawn service. If any one has examples, I would appreciate ideas of what to include in the contracts.
Old 01-29-2002, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

never will happen

You will never get them to pay a $5.00 late fee. Your not a credit company, and getting them to pay period is enough. i wouldnt even bother trying to get them to pay a $5.00 fee. Is it even worth your time??? to me its more of a hassle, more arguing on the phone, etc. Just take the money when you get it.
Old 01-29-2002, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here in Califorina all you have to do is put a notice on the bottom of your invoice stating what the late fee is and then CHARGE it, and they pay it.
Old 01-30-2002, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
[PAPS] You will never get them to pay a $5.00 late fee. Your not a credit company, and getting them to pay period is enough. i wouldnt even bother trying to get them to pay a $5.00 fee. Is it even worth your time??? to me its more of a hassle, more arguing on the phone, etc. Just take the money when you get it.

Yea right, let them take as long as they want to hold onto your money. That is what you should tell the people that you are in debt to. They drive bmws, jags, have nice homes, but think you should wait till they get ready to pay you. I have two customers like that right now, I would send invoices, no payment, send new ones with the late charge and then they send the old ones back without the late charge. NO MORE!!!! This year, the two cronic late payers will pay the month before, or I will not cut or do any work for them. Let em find someone else, I don`t care.
Old 01-30-2002, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have little to no problem collecting a late fee of $10. Next year I am going to do a percentage, that way if the customer does not pay their bill in full it is still better for them and me than if they didn't pay at all. If a customer does not pay the fee, drop them. They will turn into cronic late payers and you will still be collecting in Feb. I know from experience. Just don't piss them off until you get your money.
Old 01-31-2002, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We did not charge a late fee untill now! We are still trying to get about $300 in mowing money from one women. I have been to her house 5 times, the last time that i went she told me that she was going bankrupt and that she would put us on her list. I don't belive it but i will wate and see!!!
Old 02-01-2002, 02:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have no problem collecting my $25 late fee when it comes into play.

DO NOT CHARGE INTREST you are not a creditor.

Intrest is different that a late fee, you should not have any problems collecting a late fee.

If you charged intrest you would have 2 pages of terms and lots of other garbage and wont beable to inforce it. Even if they sign a contract for intrest, they won't be held liable for it in court. Missouri lawns.

That's were problems lye.

http://www.lawnsite.com/store.html

Try the Lawn Site store for templates.

Or email lawncaresuccess@aol.com