Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-03-2002, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Wooden Card Pic

Here is an actual scan of my wooden business card. I purchased an Epilog Laser Engraver in December so I make the cards myself. Making the cards is very easy...you create the card graphic or scan anyones business card and then load a thin board into the machine and send the file to the engraver from a computer. I normally engrave about eight cards on a three sixteenths thick board about 17" long and it takes about 30 minutes. The engraver also cuts the cards out after it engraves the text and graphics. I can engrave plastic, plexiglass, marble, glass, ceramics, wood, mat board, paper, leather and a lot more. this machine is a sign shop owners dream. The size limit is 12" x 24" x 8" thick. I can also engrave round glass bottles, etc and make very cool name cards, even ones that look like credit cards. Custom pen and pencil sets and a lot more.
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2002, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Member

My Lawn Mascott

I just started doing lawn care last year and have a small woodworking shop as another small business. My workshop doesn't pay all of the bills so the lawn care business seems to be a perfect match...I have woodworking projects in the winter and during bad weather and can work at night. Lawn care this year will be my main business so I can schedule lawn work as a primary activity. I live in a rural area so I have a six acre lawn to cut at home so I bought a 72" Dixie Chopper a couple of years ago. My target customers are people who live close to me and large comercial properties. I am not looking for small residential jobs. I built the goat last year as a mascot for my lawn care business, he rides on my trailer in front of my chopper and everyone who sees my rig remembers the goat so I get quite a few calls from people reading the signs on the side of my trailer. My idea using wooden business cards, although it is more expensive, is to sucessfully connect with high end customers in a very small target market. I'm not an expert in this business I'm really new but I have been planning this for two years and have been listening to some very good advice that I have seen here at Lawn Site.
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2002, 10:18 PM
Millenium Member

So, I'll be the first to ask. If you were to decide to sell these wood cards how much would you charge and in what format would they need to be in?

Looks cool, looks like a good thing to give new/current customers.
Old 02-03-2002, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Member

yeah I want some of those cards too.... maybe in lexan or something......

how about a slogan like
"clearly better"
(765) 674-6373
SIMA Member
Old 02-03-2002, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Those cards, flyers and the way you package/present them are very professional and cool! You are a true entrepenuir. I wish I could come up with something that cleaver!
Old 02-04-2002, 01:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think somebody like you could have a very busy winter selling those busines cards. I also like to know how much would cost to make something like that.
Old 02-04-2002, 08:34 AM
LawnSite Member

Lawn Site Advertising

I will contact Chuck and discuss the possibility of purchasing advertising space here at Lawn Site. As soon as I can get this done I'll will be able to answer all of your questions, it's only fair that advertisers should pay for using Lawn Site. Thanks to all for your comments.
Old 02-04-2002, 08:46 AM
Senior Moderator

Thanks Keith for your response.
Look forward to hearing more about your cards.
They sure look nice.
Old 02-04-2002, 09:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would be very interested in them if you could figure out a way to put a magnet on the back.