Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-02-2002, 05:09 PM
LawnSite Member

1 mil in general liability costs about $350.00 with alfa. no complaints on that but my equip coverage (fire, theft, etc.)is $3.00 per hundred dollars (does not include vehicles). that sounds kinda high to me. premium is due the 12th of this month. i'm thinking i need to shop a little.

also, some of you that have your applicators license, what kind ($) of coverage do you carry, and what does it cost? is it seperate or included on your liability policy? i need help on this one quick!!!!
Old 02-02-2002, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Member

in va general liability is ok for applicators, no special endorsement, however it won't cover pollution claims, i.e. someone being poisoned
Old 02-04-2002, 02:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Just a quick thought. My insurance agent just advised me that the government just allowed insurance companies across the country to raise prices across the board about 15% due to the 9-11 incident. He is going to look into this and let me know if this a definate thing.
Old 02-04-2002, 05:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

whiner

Hey guys, why do you think I put general liability ins in as a labor expense? IT's PAYROLL RELATED! It's a percentage of payroll. It's a direct add on.

Oh, you don't have a payroll because your solo, have brother partners or whatever? I have news for you guys. Even with no payroll they use "an assumed earnings minimum" (not an official term) to rate your policy. Here in NJ I think they use about $32K. So if a solo pays $300 +/- for a mil and 2 or 3 "partners" pay a grand it all adds up. It's all about exposure to risk. The more people working in the fioeld the more risk for the insurer.

Ain't no free rides, guys.

Last edited by HBFOXJr; 02-04-2002 at 05:34 PM.