Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 02-06-2008, 06:15 PM
LawnSite Member

I need

the pulley and pump clutch arm assembly. I ordered them from my dealer (with the correct part numbers that I got from Todd in your service parts department) on Monday, February 4th. I'll let you know when they come in. Thanks for the follow-up.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytripper View Post
the pulley and pump clutch arm assembly. I ordered them from my dealer (with the correct part numbers that I got from Todd in your service parts department) on Monday, February 4th. I'll let you know when they come in. Thanks for the follow-up.
Ok.
Let us know.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Member

no parts yet, it has been three months

do you think I would be better of ordering parts form another dealer outside my area and have them mailed? The parts I need are sitting on the shelf in the Hustler warehouse, I have verified this twice. Am I the only one to have this problem? I'd love to know were I went wrong in this transaction.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
do you think I would be better of ordering parts form another dealer outside my area and have them mailed? The parts I need are sitting on the shelf in the Hustler warehouse, I have verified this twice. Am I the only one to have this problem? I'd love to know were I went wrong in this transaction.
Please e-mail me again.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:30 AM
LawnSite Member

parts

Quote:
You're not the only one. It took almost 5 weeks to get parts for my trimstar. Certainly at least in my area hustler is not proving themselves. How can you run a business with this kind of service?
Old 03-08-2008, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Member

I got my parts!

It took 12 weeks. It only took me a couple of days to get the machine together and up and running. I won't know how the Vanguard motor performs until the grass starts growing. Tomorrow I'm going to get going on restoring the backpac catcher. Heaven help me should I need any parts for it. Suggestions welcome.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

There is a large Hustler dealer that sold the largest amount of those units in the country for many many years, you need to call them, they likely have the parts in stock.
Richey and Clapper in Sudbury.
(978) 443-1333
Other dealers don't stock parts for units they did not sell, or at least not a lot of them, a lot of the dealers in your area are new to Hustler in the last 5 years and never sold a 251 or 260 unit.

Pj
Old 03-11-2008, 05:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Next time I need parts

I will give them a try. Parts that are not in stock shouldn't take 12 weeks to get if they are sitting on the shelf in the MFG warehouse. If this was my company I'd be chasing down this problem and making changes so it doesn't happen in the future. I feel sorry for the person or business trying to make a living with equipment that takes this long to get parts for.