The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 12-22-1999, 03:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Sell your used equipment at TurfQuip.com please!<br>
Old 12-22-1999, 05:10 PM
LawnSite Member

What kind of motor is on the mower and what size deck? Also do you have a photo and can you post it up? Give me a little more information.
Old 12-23-1999, 06:09 AM
LawnSite Member

www.turfquip.com <br>
Old 12-27-1999, 05:58 AM
LawnSite Member

Please don't discourage people from saving us money by offering equipment for sale. Ed at Turfquip.com is very friendly and helpful, but it is his job to make money. Why would you want to pay more for the same piece of equipment? Chuck will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe individuals should be able to advertise their equipment here. It helps us all. If it isn't ok, then maybe that would make a good forum to add to the list. I want to be able to cut out the middle man. Those who choose to deal with an equipment dealer should be able to. However, I strongly disagree with discouraging people from advertising a mower or two if they aren't equipment dealers. By the way, I visit turfquip.com regularly and appreciate the service they provide as well.
Old 12-27-1999, 07:57 AM
hall

If I allow this resource to be used by salesmen then I will be over run by every Tom, Dick, and Joe trying to pawn off their power equipment.<p>If word got out that I allowed free advertising on my forum site I would get a rush of traffic from people who had no interest in contributing to the site but only making money.<br><p>----------<br>Charles Keough<br>http://www.hallofforums.com
Old 12-27-1999, 04:29 PM
LawnSite Member

I understand what all of you are saying, and I apologize for offending anyone. However, I did not see any bylaws that said things could not be sold or bought over this forum. I believe the bylaws said that the forum would not be held liable for anything that was posted that wasn't true. <p>
Old 12-27-1999, 04:33 PM
hall

Its really just a curtsy to www.turfquip.com. He links to me and I help him out in turn. He could just as easily start a forum on his site and snuff any future members to my forums.<p>And like I said before, if I give an inch to my loyal members like yourself others will take a mile and turn my forums into a online swap meet without helping others out with answers to their questions.<p>----------<br>Charles Keough<br>http://www.hallofforums.com
Old 12-27-1999, 05:01 PM
LawnSite Member

That does make sense. I visited his site. I would advise you to place in your bylaws a clause about advertising equipment on this forum.<br>
Old 12-27-1999, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Member

I would like access to used equipment that is a good deal rather than overpriced. What would turfquip start a forum for? A forum wouldn't help them sell equipment, and that's what they do for a living. Are you getting rich running this forum? Niether would they. There is no kind of net etiquette which dictates it is wrong to post a piece of equipment for sale. You can make it a rule, but I think barring commercial advertising is fine, but forum users should be able to post about used equipment. It benefits the members of the forum. I bought a piece of equipment an individual advertised on this forum and they weren't chastised. Why? Respectfully, I wish you would reconsider.
Old 12-28-1999, 12:33 PM
LawnSite Member

I am tired of the fussing about this post. Anyway, I have already sold my mower. YOu can take all these posting about the mower and this forum and erase them.<p>
Closed Thread