Register free!

Old 03-27-2008, 11:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hi Platinum,

The brewer company KIS which smallaxe refered to can be found at www.simplici-tea.com . They also sell the nutrient packs for their brewers.

Yes you can use your own compost in a compost tea brewer. As smallaxe suggested; research, research, research.

Please be aware that Arbuscular Mycorrhizal (AM) DOES NOT grow in compost tea. It is a fungal type, not species which grows only in conjunction with roots of plants. If you wish to use it you must ad the spores. The best way to do this is to apply them at planting time or inject them into the root system.

Tim
(sorry if I made spelling errors)
Old 03-27-2008, 02:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICT Bill View Post
Tad Hussey, that comes on here often, makes the KIS brewer, hopefully he'll chime in. simplicatea I believe is the name of the company

http://www.simplici-tea.com/

It is a tried and true brewer that works very well, you can also purchase the compost mix stock from them as well. The blend several different sources of material to make their "compost"
Thanks Bill and Tim, I haven't been on here as much lately, as we're heading into Spring, it's getting into our busy season as people are stocking up on supplies. I appreciate you posting our link for those that are interested.

What Tim was mentioning with the nutrient pack is what we call our "Pro Kit." It's comprised of 3 different composts (vermicompost, alaska humus, and a fungal compost), along with nutrients (food substrates for the biology in the compost). Essentially, it's everything you need to make a brew of compost tea minus the brewer. We make them custom order for a variety of different sizes and brewer models. Feel free to contact me through the website if you have any questions!

~Tad
Old 03-27-2008, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for your help
I have decieded that I will try and brew some tea to try on our own property and then go from there.