Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-26-2008, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Teejet lawn spray gun

Anybody using this gun?

http://www.teejet.com/english/home/p...pray-guns.aspx

I was buying some other teejet stuff and picked up one these to try it but haven't had a chance to use it yet. How do they compare to the green Lesco gun?
Old 03-26-2008, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHS View Post
Anybody using this gun?

I was buying some other teejet stuff and picked up one these to try it but haven't had a chance to use it yet. How do they compare to the green Lesco gun?

PHS

IMHO I like the gun, not the shower nozzle.

I use one for straight insecticide applications such as fleas and tick or ants etc. I don't like it for fine lawns where I am using fert. I prefer a wand with a flat fan nozzle.

The shower head is standard hose bibb threads and a different type of nozzle can be screwed on easily. I don't like the shower head nozzle so I made my own nozzle using a 40 degree 3 gpm tee jet flat fan. The gun works good but I had to rebuilt mine for $ 15 in parts. I would guess about every year the washer need replaced like most guns.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
PHS

IMHO I like the gun, not the shower nozzle.

I use one for straight insecticide applications such as fleas and tick or ants etc. I don't like it for fine lawns where I am using fert. I prefer a wand with a flat fan nozzle.

The shower head is standard hose bibb threads and a different type of nozzle can be screwed on easily. I don't like the shower head nozzle so I made my own nozzle using a 40 degree 3 gpm tee jet flat fan. The gun works good but I had to rebuilt mine for $ 15 in parts. I would guess about every year the washer need replaced like most guns.
Ric,
We use this gun as well. I think we have about 8 of them. We keep them rebuilt, and carry a spare in each truck. I agree with you on the shower nozzle. I very seldom use it. I feel like you do not get as good of coverage on certain types of broadleafs and grassy weeds. We use glyphosate in our round 1 mix, and I feel that it doesn't get good enough coverage with the big droplets. Seems like they "bounce off" a lot of the weeds.

We added an extension to ours. It is basically a 1/4" tube approx 15" long with an 80 deg. flat fan tip. It makes it nice on the windier days we have here keeping the spray down low, and away from your legs.

Do you use an extension tube adapter, or did you just put a flat fan tip on the end of the gun?

I really like this gun over the "chemlawn" gun, for several reasons. For one it has a "trigger guard". I have used my chemlawn gun before, and accidentally engaged the trigger by bumping it inside the bed of the truck. Annother reason I like the gun is I can buy the rebuild kits for $12. I think the gun is approx. $55 so its affordable to have a spare lying around, just in case.

John..
Joshua 24:15
Old 03-27-2008, 03:25 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I only use fan tips on lawns when applying herbicides. The only time I use a showerhead nozzle is when doing large areas with liquid fertilizer through a Dosatron. For contact herbicides such as MSMA and Quicksilver/Speedzone I have an XR 110 tip mounted on the end of a gun. For herbicides that must not drift like glyphosate, metsulfuron, Image, simazine, I use an AI 110 tip. Either of these tips allow for precise application, with total coverage right up to beds and hardscapes. For the same reason, I do not care for Floodjet type tips, the spray pattern is poorly defined and large droplets falling far apart miss weeds. Most of the weeds I deal with have very waxy or narrow leaves. I would like to treat them with the lowest rate of herbicide possible because warm season turf is just not as tolerant of broadleaf herbicides. One droplet per weed of a very hot mix, is not what I consider good application practice.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:36 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

The normal gun I use if running a single nozzle is this one.http://www.teejet.com/english/home/p...spray-gun.aspxTher e is no dripping once I let go of the trigger. Mine has the 24" extension. I use the AA31 gun if I have a 2 or 3 nozzle walking boom set up. The boom has either the diaphragm check valves or the spring and ball check valves in the strainers. With this type of boom, I can walk on 40 GPA over 5M in less than 10 minutes with complete coverage of the area.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm glad to hear you guys are using flat fans. That's what I've been using too and really like them but I've never really been trained by anyone to do lawn apps so I've always just used what seemed logical and was easy to calibrate properly. Part of why I bought the gun was to try the shower head nozzle because all of the other lawnspray guns use shower heads so I figured I must be missing something .
Old 03-27-2008, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yardpro

I just use a 3/4 hose bibb to IP coupling with a 3/4 to 1/4 bushing and screw in a Tee Jet brass 40 degree 3 gpm flat tip. No extension. As I said before I only use this gun for broadcast insecticide for fleas tick ants etc. Nothing that stains because this type of treatment I am trying to soak down the shrubs trees and lawn. I find High volume low AI insecticide works better than High AI low volume.

For lawns I use a 42" wand with a brass Tee Jet flat tip and a ball valve for shut off. I use a low gpm tip and walk slow over lapping and keeping the tip close to the ground for no over spray. My market is 3 to 5K lawns owned by retired folks who have nothing to do but watch me spray their lawn. By taking an extra 5 minutes to spray, they feel they are getting a better value than the TG/CL guy who runs across their lawn.

BTW you can screw on any garden hose nozzle to this gun. I have used a standard adjustable garden hose nozzle to spray tall trees.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

yep

Quote:
Anybody using this gun?

Been using them for about 15 years. We use the grey nozzles for spraying turf. I used the ChemLawn gun since 1979 (including the dual-trigger gun w/canister on our belts, but ChemLawn pulled it thinking the concentrated herbicide was a safety issue.......wished they wouldn't have, cuz it was technology ahead of it's time). TG eliminated ALL research & R&D facilities that the "pioneer" of lawn care had built up.

After years of using the ChemLawn guns, I experienced pain in my wrist & elbow. Once we switched over to the TeeJet lawn guns, the pain went away. This is cuz they weigh much less. Now we love these Tee Jet lawn guns.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Anybody using this gun?

the green lesco gun is better. i have used them both. i got tired of rebuilding the teejet gun. the teejet gun is a little lighter, but the trigger operation of the green lesco gun is so much smoother, (that makes it easier to control your pressure when your trimming out around the yard.)

the teejet gun is rated for 200# max psi. the green lesco gun is rated at 300#max psi.

i use the gray teejet shower head on the lesco gun. the lesco shower heads are more expensive.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We have one sprayer set up with a lawnjet spray gun (metal) and the other with a chemlawn gun with a 1/2" extension, 45-deg elbow. Both have
tk22-20 tips that flow 2 gpm. To get the 2 gpm we had to remove strainer/check valve.