Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-27-2008, 07:58 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by humble1 View Post
A large company almost sounds like cotts but with a curvey letter in the front of the c. Anyway first there is still snow on the ground piles everywhere ground is still really cold, and they put down dimension w/ fert on an account I have contract with. The customer signed with me, she canceled them, they showed up and they claim they auto renew. I told her she shouldnt pay, it was a waist of money and they didnt pre notify her. Besides if they are canceled they legally cant apply in my opinion. What do you think.

Do any of you bigger guys auto renew?
How do you word it in the contract pm me if you feel more comfortable.
If you are going to be in the application business get used to this. It happens to me at least once a year. Instead of getting angry I use my energy to do something positive. Getting angry will not change anything.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:43 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

read this.... could make for great marketing material, lol.
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/trugreen.html
Old 03-27-2008, 04:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Amen to Grandviews response. It's part of doing this business and happens every year without fail. Reminders can be sent out but often are not read or, are trashed because they think it is marketing.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I worked as a cs manager for one of these LCO's many years ago. Yes it is done on purpose to save customers at any costs. Imagine my surprise when they included a letter with that first app with my name on it!! You would be surprised how many say "ok" just do it again this year.

As a LCO owner, I still auto renew but am very carefull to talk with every customer by phone, mail or in person every year. Many of my customers don't like the phone calls and are quick to respond to the mailings.

Every year I get the same calls from new customers telling me those same two companies came out after canceling. I've gotten so used to it I warn people ahead of time. That way they just call and laugh and say I was right. I then tell them I will wait 2weeks and redo the app. Every ones happy