Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-29-2008, 02:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopassonthebluegrass View Post
I prefer granular, but switched to primarily liquid. Got tired of making 2-3 passes through lawns. By being liquid, one pass and I hit every square inch...

If I'm gonna get stuck with Walmart price margins, then I need the Wal-mart capacity for clients. Liquid gives me that.
I do not think I would be in business if I had to pay $3 and up for every M covered. Also, every "landscaper" and joe homeowner can throw granules. How many of them formulate a liquid matched to the variety of grass and can apply it evenly? I am a redundancy if I do things the way they are always done. I also do not have a problem with granules on hard surfaces or off-target in beds. By the results of the soil test that I pull, most lawns need Fe and Mn. If that stains a walkway or driveway, it is on my head. A liquid applied through fan nozzles goes only on the lawn and nowhere else. Here, the normal landscaping involves beds around the lawn that has mondo grass and evergreen shrubs. Those bed usually cost over $5000 to install. No way would I broadcast granules or even swing a Lesco lawn gun near something like that. If a turf product lands in there, I have just bought someone a new bed.