Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-14-2002, 09:30 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

SP Backpack Sprayers

Looking to add another Backpack Sprayer to the arsenal and have been considering the SP. Does anyone use them and if so, what are your thoughts?

I am considering the SP0 which is a diaphragm although it claims to have the power of a piston (up to 150 psi). The unique aspects of this unit are it has an agitator which recirculates the solution when you pump the handle. This would allow better use of wettable and meltable powders. The downfall I see to this unit is there are more places for leakage over time.

The SP2 is a piston and only has one connection to tank and claims psi up to 180.

Both units seem to be well constructed compared to the Solos and others I have seen or used. My problem is...I can't find anyone local that carries them so I have to go by pictures in catalogs.

Difference in price is minimal and really not a consideration.
Old 02-14-2002, 02:36 PM
LawnSite Member

I have always been able to rebuild my solos. The brand your are talking may be good but if you drop it once and can't find that small part it could get expensive with parts.
I just happen to have a grave yard of solo parts so I am one sided on this issue.
Old 02-16-2002, 04:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We have had good luck with the SP systems. We use the Piston model, (There is one called The Piston) and have serviced it with success. If the Piston seal/cover wears, it does drip out of the botton, but it produces tremendous pressure and in the field has performed well. We stock and sell (only the one model so far)them out of our store as well and I haven't I haven't had any trouble getting parts or found the parts to be too expensive. I expect to expand the line this year because I have been happy.
Old 02-18-2002, 04:56 PM
LawnSite Member

We have been selling the SP Systems backpacks for over 15 years and have had great success. Parts are easy to obtain and are modestly priced.

Last edited by Administrator; 03-01-2002 at 10:38 PM.