Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-08-2008, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Spring cleanups are going great especially with the warm weather. Got some new jobs and a power broom for the echo trimers to take the gravel off of the grass works slick. At $400.00 it better.
If any one knows of someone with experiance in the niagara region tell him to contact me, I need one more full time guy or girl. Seems good workers are harder and harder to find nowadays.
We should have cleanups done by the end of next week and start beds the week after, if it doesn't rain. Is friday still lookin cold and crappy. I've visited plowsite a few times but nothing goin on there. I guess everyone is thinking green and summer.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

lol I havent even started yet! Must be warmer in grimsby then hamilton lol. So hows the power broom, better then the power paddel for gravel???????

Cheers
Old 04-08-2008, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple L View Post
whats been crakin boys??? busted out the new to me power broom for the ol walker yesterday and took it to town on my lawn.... lol not much left of the back yard but my front yard looks just bitchin now... took a little bit to get uset to hopefully next week will be full tilt spring clean-ups, see how it goes, hows about you guys... anyone pickin up a bunch of new customers?
Calls starting to come in for you? Slowly starting to pickup for me, a few every day, think its a tad early yet.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:51 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Triple L how's the broom work on the Walker? I have a worn out one but have never used it. What did you pay for your's used? I have a 5' fixed angle unit on my JD front mount but want to put one on the Steiner. My wife started sweeping today on the dry properties. We have around 20 to 30 properties to do. We cut down 5 big trees today for my father in law, he's doing the cleanup we just had to drop them. Had to drop one 60' willow into the pond then pull it out. Things are drying out quick here. The phone is ringing with old and new customers wanting work done. My son's first 4 wheeler race in this weekend so he's no help, too busy getting ready.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:10 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynden-Jeff View Post
lol I havent even started yet! Must be warmer in grimsby then hamilton lol. So hows the power broom, better then the power paddel for gravel???????

Cheers
Actually it's the power paddle. It works great, we used to have the broom but it took to much of the grass with it.
I guess it's warmer here than Hamilton. We have sites in Hamilton but won't be there until next week. I guess we wait and see.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:15 AM
LawnSite Member

I broke down, did my first and last yard clean-up yesterday, I even splurged and bought three new rakes for the wife to operate. It's raining on and off here today so I guess I'll call around and settle up the last of the snow accounts.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

im really likin the power broom actually! works awsome, used it on my property and my front lawn had mega snowmold on it, was just rediculus and as long as you dont put it down to far it sweeps just perfectly, myns got the front casters on it also so that helps to keep it from diggin excessively but my back lawn was a bit wet and if your not uset to it, yes it can do a little damage I had a dethatcher rake deal for the walker before but all that stupid thing did was plug the deck up with soil and crap so enough of that, I got the cleanest front lawn on the street now, even swept up the od grub picked up a new customer yesterday, things are slow but then again im not really looking for too many new propertys, still waiting for a mega big commerical deal, maby it will come thru, maby not....
Old 04-09-2008, 07:58 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I need more commercial, but I fear its getting to late.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Member

We are almost done our cleanups. Everything should be in good shape by the end of the week. Grass is even starting to look green and I have a few areas that are growing. No where near needing a cut, but I am seeing growth.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

We're (my wife) still sweeping lawns. Did a couple of parking lots yesterday before the rain. I graded a gravel parking lot today and did some rut repair. Now the darn float for the blade on my Steiner is stuck on. Not sure what happened just loaded it and called it a day. Guess I'm fixing again tomorrow. I mounted our used slide in dump bed into our 3/4 ton today, seems to work pretty good. We've still got quite abit of sweeping to do. As soon as she pulls up to a house the neighbour comes out and wants their's done. Man it's a dirty job, better her than me.

Tags
suggestion