Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-13-2008, 10:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Daner has been too busy power bromming...lol....Nice riggins there Jeff....My race car trailer Is also black...Its a 36' and the Truck Is black...Its hard to keep the water spots of It before race days...But you will love the enclosed. The Meet Is on May 10th...every one bring your power broom...LOL...I had lots of stones on the grass this year...I will finish cleaning the remainder off today

Have a great day

Daner
Old 04-13-2008, 06:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We are just starting this weekend, the escarpment still had snow up until now. Should be done by the end of next week. When was the meet changed to may 10th????? I thought it was may 3rd, and done see nothing in the plow site???

Cheers
Old 04-14-2008, 10:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynden-Jeff View Post
We are just starting this weekend, the escarpment still had snow up until now. Should be done by the end of next week. When was the meet changed to may 10th????? I thought it was may 3rd, and done see nothing in the plow site???

Cheers

Your right May 3rd
Old 04-14-2008, 04:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Looking for all the help I can get!!

I know there is a forum on this site that deals with starting up a business, but they are not specfic to Ontario. Since I found this thread, I'm hoping that you can help me with the procedure involved. I have done lawn maintenace, fertilizing, planting etc. for the past few years, but would like to register the business now. I obviously have to register the business name, but is a business permit/license necessary? Does PST or GST have to be collected or remitted and if so on what purchases or sales or services. Just a few of the questions I have. Any and all help and guidence would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Since we're on the topic...

I only had personal coverage on my truck but somehow my insurance company found out and they canceled my policy "for underwriting purposes". The cancellation won't effect me negatively, but I do need new insurance. My question is, will it be possible to get commercial auto coverage even though I'm only 17? Thanks guys.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkzipp View Post
I know there is a forum on this site that deals with starting up a business, but they are not specfic to Ontario. Since I found this thread, I'm hoping that you can help me with the procedure involved. I have done lawn maintenace, fertilizing, planting etc. for the past few years, but would like to register the business now. I obviously have to register the business name, but is a business permit/license necessary? Does PST or GST have to be collected or remitted and if so on what purchases or sales or services. Just a few of the questions I have. Any and all help and guidence would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

No permits or licenses unless you are appling fertilizers, I do recommend business insurance though. Only GST on services needs to be collected, and pst on and goods sold however I dont usually mess with the PST and just include the materials in the cost of the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclecarboy View Post
Since we're on the topic...

I only had personal coverage on my truck but somehow my insurance company found out and they canceled my policy "for underwriting purposes". The cancellation won't effect me negatively, but I do need new insurance. My question is, will it be possible to get commercial auto coverage even though I'm only 17? Thanks guys.

I am not sure however try this company:
http://www.sinclaircockburn.com/group/contact/1.asp

They do all the landscape insurance for landscape ontario so they know what they are talking about. How on earth did ur company find out though?

Cheers
Old 04-14-2008, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynden-Jeff View Post
Hi,

No permits or licenses unless you are appling fertilizers, I do recommend business insurance though. Only GST on services needs to be collected, and pst on and goods sold however I dont usually mess with the PST and just include the materials in the cost of the job.

I've been told that GST doesn't have to be collected or remitted, unless you are making less than 30,000, is this the case? Just starting small, so we don't expect too much just yet.
So basically, it's register the business name look into insurance and we're good to go?

Thanks again
Old 04-14-2008, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If you are making under 30,000 you dont need to collect however some people will look at it as unprofessional so beware!

Cheers
Old 04-14-2008, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

So how are the calls coming in for you guys? Really just starting to crank up now for the lawn care, cleanups are booking up fast! Got more flyers going out this week.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Looks like I might have to get a fourth guy on the maintenance crew. I had a customer buy a second house the thing has a lot of ground and picked up a couple of larger sites on top of what I had last year.
Construction is booking up fast as well. Looks like a busy summer. I guess the economy is still rollin.

Tags
suggestion